Soddy vs. Bradley

utw07

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Chattanoogan.com

THURSDAY'S RESULTS

215 -- Matt Lettner (SD) pinned Steve Vaughn in 41 seconds. Letter took a quick 2-0 lead and then earned the pin. Soddy-Daisy leads, 6-0.

HWT -- Jon Sivley (BC) pinned Me J Richmond in 58 seconds. Sivley was leading 2-0 before getting the easy pin. Match tied at 6.

103 -- Hunter Randolph (BC) defeated Dustin Stewart, 19-1, winning the technical fall in 5:35. Randolph led by only 2-0 after the first period, but moved his lead to 11-0 in the second, almost pinning Stewart. Bradley leads, 11-6.

112 -- Wes Brett (SD) defeated Andrew Collom, 5-3. Collum was ahead by 3-2, but Brett tied it at 3 with 35 seconds left in the third period. He won the match with a reversal with two seconds remaining. "What a great job by Brett,'' Henry said. "Sometimes Brett doesn't believe in Brett, but he did tonight. I'm so proud of him. In fact, I'm proud of all of them tonight, even the ones who lost wrestled hard.'' Bradley leads, 11-9.

119 -- David Mang (BC) defeated Taylor Witt, 19-2, winning by technical fall in 4:00. Mang roared to a 12-2 lead in the first period and coasted to the win. Bradley leads, 16-9.

125 -- Mikey Fuller (SD) defeated Andy Morris, 17-7. Fuller took a 9-4 lead in the second period, almost pinning Morris. Bradley leads, 16-13.

130 -- Jason McCroskey (SD) defeated Caleb Tallent, 16-5. McCroskey took a 13-3 lead after two periods, almost getting a pin before posting a major decision. Soddy-Daisy leads, 17-16.

135 -- Alex Spletzer (SD) defeated Tim Harris, 8-7. Spletzer moved up from the junior varsity and filled in for Ryan Fuller. He took a 2-0 lead after one period and carried a 7-5 lead into the third, almost pinning Harris in the second. With the score tied at 7, Spletzer won the match with an escape with two seconds left. "Spletzer could start somewhere else,'' Henry said. "He pulled that one out at the end . That was a really pivotal match.'' Soddy-Daisy leads, 20-16.

140 -- Ulric Winesburgh (SD) defeated Tanner Withrow, 13-5. Winesburgh roared to an 11-2 lead and cruised to an important victory. "Ulric is tough,'' Henry said. "He's a hard worker. A lot of people don't know just how good he is.'' Soddy-Daisy leads, 24-16.

145 -- Jarriet Toney (SD) pinned Ben Endo in 3:25. Toney took an 8-0 lead after one period and earned his pin in the second period. Soddy-Daisy leads, 30-16.

152 -- Justin Spain (BC) defeated Eric Turner, 17-5. It was all Spain, who poured it on in the third period. It was Senior Night for Soddy-Daisy, and Turner was the only senior who wrestled for the Trojans. Ryan Fuller was out with his injury, and Michael Romano got bumped out of the lineup during the shuffle at the end. Soddy-Daisy leads, 30-20.

160 -- Matt Watson (BC) d. Colby Lewis, 11-5. Watson and Travis Creager each weighed in at 160. Laxton went with Watson, who earned an impressive win. Soddy-Daisy leads, 30-23.

171 -- Travis Creagan (BC) won by forfeit. When Laxton moved Creagan to 171, Henry decided to move his 171-pounder, Tyler Roberson, to 189, setting up a meet-deciding final match. Soddy-Daisy leads, 30-29.

189 -- Tyler Roberson (SD) d. John Huffington, 10-0. Laxton bumped Huffington up to 189, after inserting Creagan at 171. "We just decided to bump up Tyler because he had the most experience,'' Henry said. "We wanted to put it on the line in the final match.'' Roberson dominated and Soddy-Daisy won the meet, 34-29.

Rushed over after the Bay/Ringgold match and had a hard time finding a place to park - great crowd! Arrived during the 125 match. Looked like Soddy's hero was the 135 jv man who stepped into the lineup and secured a win. Was looking forward to watching Spain and Creagan but alas was denied 1/2 the pleasure. The ongoing battle between Kenny Mara and the Bradley coach made up for it though. Looking forward to seeing these 2 teams go to war again in Clarksville.

I knew the 'ol Trojans woud pull of the win against the overrated bradley Central

Yep. so overrated that it came down to the final match for Soddy to pull it out. However, I will agree that some of the Bradley wrestlers didn't wrestle up to standard. I expect to see improvement from the whole team in the upcoming weeks. The guys are working hard.

Yep. so overrated that it came down to the final match for Soddy to pull it out. However, I will agree that some of the Bradley wrestlers didn't wrestle up to standard. I expect to see improvement from the whole team in the upcoming weeks. The guys are working hard.

Yea your right...It came down to the last match, with 2 starters out and 1 match being forfeited. Soddy will be looking even stronger once they get their full line up back!

Tiller, Soddy forfeited at 171 because they didn't want Roberson to have to wrestle Creagan and leave the match on the shoulders of their 189 lb wrestler to beat Heffington. Turned out to be good for Soddy, but the match was closer than you obviously think it was.

Yea, you're right! Creagan bumped up from 160 to 171 as part of Bradleys "strategy", therefore we bumped our 171 up to 189 as part of our "strategy". Before 171 the score was 30-23. After the forfeit the score became 30-29. Yes, the match was close...without 2 starters including a forfeit! Johnsmith, I wasn't trying to take anything away from Bradley I was simply stating the facts. Just as Bradley will be working hard, Soddy Daisy will too! See yall at the duals!