Smith County Girls

NOMOORE

Smith County seems to be doing about the same as last year. All the pre-season hype from the Smith Co people had me believing they were a State contender. Do you consider the season disappointment so far? How about your new coach? Is he

a better fit than the previous coach?

I responded to this thread only because I saw Smith County play in the Collierville "Dragonfire Tournament". Smith County impressed me as a fundamentally solid team. They played hard, with discipline, and played team ball. These are all things that coaches and fans almost always have to expect and desire. I don't know anything about how this year's team compares with the past, but I suspect they are bettter than an 8-6 record would make you believe. Their two losses at the Dragonfire tourney were to a couple of solid AAA teams: Bartlett, and Central. It is my understanding that they are in one of the toughest AA districts in the state.

Good luck to them the rest of the year. Would not be surprised if they made it deep into the post season.

I responded to this thread only because I saw Smith County play in the Collierville "Dragonfire Tournament". Smith County impressed me as a fundamentally solid team. They played hard, with discipline, and played team ball. These are all things that coaches and fans almost always have to expect and desire. I don't know anything about how this year's team compares with the past, but I suspect they are bettter than an 8-6 record would make you believe. Their two losses at the Dragonfire tourney were to a couple of solid AAA teams: Bartlett, and Central. It is my understanding that they are in one of the toughest AA districts in the state.

Good luck to them the rest of the year. Would not be surprised if they made it deep into the post season.

I would definetly agree with hedgehog. Smith County's record doesn't do this team justice. They are not a bad team and they are fun to watch. You don't have to be undefeated to make some noise in post season; they might just start clicking at the right time.