Temple vs. Soddy Daisy

oldtimeballer63

I don't believe it was a bad call. Dee was going to the basket and was fouled, that's it. If he hadn't of gotten fouled -- he probably would have made the basket anyway.

Yes, Mike -- you're probably right. I more than likely would have been upset about the call as well, but I think it was lack of class for Shumate not to shake hands with Wadley at the end of the game. And I have no doubt he didn't like to get beat by Temple.

Again, Soddy had a 10 point lead after the 3rd quarter and allowed Temple to take over the game in the fourth. Temple scored 25 in the 4th and Soddy only had 13. That was the difference in the game. You have to finish well and Temple did just that.

If Coach Shulman is mad at anyone it should be himself and his players for not keeping control of the game.

By the way, Dee still had the pressure to make the free throws. Those of us who have played basketball knows that is not always an easy thing to do in those kinds of situations.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it was a bad call. Dee was going to the basket and was fouled, that's it. If he hadn't of gotten fouled -- he probably would have made the basket anyway.

Yes, Mike -- you're probably right. I more than likely would have been upset about the call as well, but I think it was lack of class for Shumate not to shake hands with Wadley at the end of the game. And I have no doubt he didn't like to get beat by Temple.

Again, Soddy had a 10 point lead after the 3rd quarter and allowed Temple to take over the game in the fourth. Temple scored 25 in the 4th and Soddy only had 13. That was the difference in the game. You have to finish well and Temple did just that.

If Coach Shulman is mad at anyone it should be himself and his players for not keeping control of the game.

By the way, Dee still had the pressure to make the free throws. Those of us who have played basketball knows that is not always an easy thing to do in those kinds of situations.

agreed, with pretty much everything, can't really say if i do on the first part of what you said or not since i wasn't at the game

I'm sure Wadley has by-passed a handskae or two in his time...

I'm sure Wadley has by-passed a handskae or two in his time...

Actually he hasn't. He has gotten on to me before for not shaking hands at basketball camp when i was in 9th grade. Coach Wadley has class. It doesn't matter what the ref did. That is poor leadership from a coach to do that.

Coach Wadley has never intentionally missed a hand shake. If he missed one at the District Championship game it might have been because the grace players had stormed the court and he waited atleast 5 minutes in line waiting to shake their hands. You can't name those 4 seniors. Be careful when you attack a man of good character

Actually, he sat there for along time waiting to shake Grace's hand. It's okay, you guys forgot what it felt like to beat temple, so you had to act immature and rude by spitting on our floor and slapping our "T". I mean, if your school let you get away with that, then it must be okay. And don't say it didn't happen cause we watched you guys do it. Maybe not you in particularly, but it did happen.

This is the truth, like it or not.

Actually, he sat there for along time waiting to shake Grace's hand. It's okay, you guys forgot what it felt like to beat temple, so you had to act immature and rude by spitting on our floor and slapping our "T". I mean, if your school let you get away with that, then it must be okay. And don't say it didn't happen cause we watched you guys do it. Maybe not you in particularly, but it did happen.

Well, those four Seniors + Kilroy just read his, and I am glad you reminded us. We are laughing our butts off. I didn't spit or stomp on the "T", nor did I cry about it. I did draw up the posters for the Region Tourney the next week, which we lost.