Grace v. Temple

I wholeheartedly second that.

Why give Temple the home court advantage in all these games? Whats the problem? Parking? I park in grass @ Temple & Grace. People don't have tickets? First come first serve has worked well for us before. This kills me.

McGilvary Gym is the Tennessee Temple University Gym.

Glad to see I'm not the only person ticked off that Grace's home court advantage is now nothing. I guess the lure of more ticket money was just too much so now the "home game" is at Temple. :blink:

Edited by Mr. Money in the Bank

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wholeheartedly second that.

Why give Temple the home court advantage in all these games? Whats the problem? Parking? I park in grass @ Temple & Grace. People don't have tickets? First come first serve has worked well for us before. This kills me.

McGilvary Gym is the Tennessee Temple University Gym.

How about Duke moves their games down the road to Chapel Hill from Cameron indoor. UNC holds a lot more people.

And who's decision is this? Grace. So let's not complain. If you want to complain, then go to Grace's administrator. I'd rather it be at Grace.

But if Temple wins, then no one should complain, because Grace proven that they can beat Temple in McGilvary

You are right. If temple wins grace shouldnt complain. We are the ones who gave up our one chance to play temple at home.

And who's decision is this? Grace. So let's not complain. If you want to complain, then go to Grace's administrator. I'd rather it be at Grace.

But if Temple wins, then no one should complain, because Grace proven that they can beat Temple in McGilvary

I never said it wasn't Grace's call. It was just a pretty bad call. And we can't even use the stage? What's up with that?

It's almost like home for lots of the Grace folks since many of them went to school there. I mean, it's not like Temple's team plays at McGilvray every day. Shucks, you all ought to feel good about playing in the place you finally beat Temple in. And -- the game is probably being played at TTU to accomodate the Grace fans anyway, since you all will have more fans there than Temple. So, I suppose you all should be grateful. And look at the bright side -- it's going to mean more money for your program. Let's see:

$5 x 700 = $3,500.00 vs. $5 x 1400 = $7,000.00

Hmmm sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Of course, you all are paying the refs in this one.

I'm not sure if TTU will charge you for the use of the facilities.

Then again, most of your staff and fans helped pay for the place when they went to school there.

But anyway, I'm just looking forward to the game -- no matter where it is.

Making a call based on money is retarded. The total atmosphere at McGilvray will be different than it would at Grace, and that's something I'd prefer not happen. Grace will still beat Temple... again.

It's almost like home for lots of the Grace folks since many of them went to school there. I mean, it's not like Temple's team plays at McGilvray every day. Shucks, you all ought to feel good about playing in the place you finally beat Temple in. And -- the game is probably being played at TTU to accomodate the Grace fans anyway, since you all will have more fans there than Temple. So, I suppose you all should be grateful. And look at the bright side -- it's going to mean more money for your program. Let's see:

$5 x 700 = $3,500.00 vs. $5 x 1400 = $7,000.00

Hmmm sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Of course, you all are paying the refs in this one.

I'm not sure if TTU will charge you for the use of the facilities.

Then again, most of your staff and fans helped pay for the place when they went to school there. Maybe you'll get a break on that one.

But anyway, I'm just looking forward to the game -- no matter where it is.

How about Duke moves their games down the road to Chapel Hill from Cameron indoor. UNC holds a lot more people.

This game is bigger than Duke/NC. Since we do not sell reserved seats, Season tickets or even have pregame selling of tickets on a regular basis this seems like a fair approach for the fans. For the players the only Grace - Temple matchup that will matter is Grace - Temple V. That game would be, if it happens, the region final (barring upset). It will be played at McGilvary so Grace must be able to win there under pressure. The district will be played on the 94ft floor at Vance Gym. If Grace wins the region they will host the substate somewhere else besides Grace because of TSSAA rules. McGilvary is likely to be the first choice since we would have just played three games there to win the region.