Shelbyville vs Coffee Co.

ladynred

The Eaglettes inside game was too much for Coffee County last night scoring 59 of their 69 points. Shelbyville's outside shots were not falling but I don't see that happening very often. They turned the defensive pressure up last night as well. If they continue to play hard on both ends of the floor, as they did last night, this team will be fun to watch the rest of the season.

Shelbyville was very impressive, CC really didn't stand much of a chance against their inside game. I don't think it would have made a huge difference, but it would have made the game much closer, but Woo Baugh picked up yet another Technical for runnin her mouth. She picked it up about 3 minutes into the game, and Coach Scroggins sat her for the remainder of the game! That is her third "t" this year I beleive....I know for sure it's her second. She is on very thin ice with Coach Scroggins and the rest of the coaching staff and team. She will sit the Columbia game this Friday, and another incident will result in her being kicked off the team. She needs to think before she runs her mouth. I was on the balcony and heard her harsh words loud and clear. She let her team down, I know she's just a sophomore but she needs to grow up fast. She has a load of talent, more than I've seen in a while as far as CC girls goes, but all of that will go to waste if she doesn't straighten up.

Well, Pedo I don't know how long you have followed CC girls, but they have had MANY girls with equal to and much more talent than Woo! I think you also said earlier in the year, that this was the first time Coach had the talent to run his SYSTEM, so far doesn't look like that holds much water either! Looks like you were wrong on both counts! :thumb:

Well, Pedo I don't know how long you have followed CC girls, but they have had MANY girls with equal to and much more talent than Woo! I think you also said earlier in the year, that this was the first time Coach had the talent to run his SYSTEM, so far doesn't look like that holds much water either! Looks like you were wrong on both counts! B)

Look....we all knew in time that the age was going to show...they are young and that is showing....as far as the talent....yes their have been some great players come through there....Kayla Thompson is there right now...she is amazing...and before their has been Amber Benjamin...Katie Sipe...Laura Cotten...Blue Buchanan....Heather Grose... and yes I know you want me to say it...Cassie Carden was pretty good as well. There have been some good players....but for the most part of this season Woo has been averaging 14ppg as a sophomore and she provides an inside presence that we haven't really seen since Amber Benjamin! I'm sorry that the team didn't do as good last year as you had hoped....sorry they couldn't do better when Cassie was there and I'm sorry that you don't like Coach Scroggins. I still see you at every game though, so you need to support the girls out there instead of looking for things to pick on about coach Scroggins and his "System"....he is doing as good as he can and doing what he knows to do! I am still sticking to my guns about him having the best players for his system....they are very youn...I am not saying that last years team had less talent, they just didn't fit his system as good as the players do this year...assuming woo hushes her mouth and comes back next year, the only significant loss they will suffer will be that of Kayla Thompson, and I'm not saying she will be easy to replace by no means but Cortney Page has done a pretty decent job handling the point guard duties this year. Then with Sarah and Woo inside, speed like Philpott and Olivia Thompson returning....and beleive me...Olivia Thompson will make a good ball player when she gets over being nervous...and that goes with being a sophomore. This team will really be something to watch next year and the year after. Also have the Harden kid coming up next year...she has seen quite a bit of playing time as a freshman....she also adds speed....which is required to run up and down the court. So I'm sorry that you manage to find everything wrong with Coach Scroggins and his system....but you need to back off a little bit....I don't know if Cassie was treated wrong or if she didn't like it there or what.....but you need to leave it alone....it's in the past. And I still say those girls that are their now are the best for the system. Whether it works or now we will have to wait and see....but they fit the system perfectly.... and as far as that holding much water ha....well I still think it's the best talent to run the system....and the other is a matter of opinion..I think by the time woo baugh is a senior assuming she doesn't get kicked off she could easily average 20ppg. She has the potential to be THAT good....If you weren't so pesemistic maybe you would see that to

Well, Mr. Pedo, first of all, I have always supported teams from Coffee County in evey sport, not just basketball. I still support the girls and have been to every game that I could attend! As for your other comments, if you have a child that has played basketball at CCHS under this coach then I could say you could speak your thoughts on the subject first hand! But being an assistant broadcaster and showing up on game nights occasionally doesn't make you DICK VITALE! My personal opinions about the coach or his SYSTEM areabsolutely my right and your OPINIONS are worth no more than any other bystander! Until you have a daughter or son who has walked the walk, don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do or say! I wish the best for these girls because I know first hand what they are going through. As for Woo, I don't know her so I don't need to comment about her situation. If you have anything else you would like to say about me or my daughter I will be at the next home game! Feel free to come up and say hello!