What about Coach Booth?

manyfaces33

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey , all this talk about Johnson. Coach Booth is already at PC, and has been there since the two Championship runs in '96 and '97. All this talk about Johnson may be premature! Tony Brunette has also applied. He is also currently at PC.

OH DEAR GOD...for the millionth time...Scott Brunette has more sense than to let "crooked letter"Johnson back in Metro...IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!...I hope.

Guest catfish-hunter

OH DEAR GOD...for the millionth time...Scott Brunette has more sense than to let "crooked letter"Johnson back in Metro...IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!...I hope.

WILLIAM JOHNSON

Guest catfish-hunter

Catfish, I think you are as wrong on this one as you were on BGA.

Sorry to tell you buddy but I was not wrong on BGA. Tim Johnson was the first of the six candidates that interviewed that was offered the job. Basically I said he was their #1 choice and he was. Tim turned down the job because he has bigger things in store in the not too distant future. You will see exactly what that means in the coming weeks but for a hint I'll say that the job he will soon be taking is a much better fit for him than BGA would have been. Who is going to be the BGA coach?????? HINT: it's the guy who just turned down the Franklin Co. job.

I hope that it's Brunetti because he used to coach at Cheatham Co. under Tommy Tharp, Walt Randolph, Jeremy Boyd, and Cody Finley. Coaching under Maurice Fitzgerald at Pearl-Cohn for the past three years was also good for his resume. He's very football knowledgeable and could win at Pearl-Cohn.

Booth has been at Pearl forever and was a member of the coaching staff when PC was winning lots of games in the mid to late-90's. He'd be a great pick to keep things running the way they have been, which is successfully, at PC.

Danny Francescon is another guy who used to coach at Pearl-Cohn and was probably the top coach on the staff when they won back-to-back titles in '96 and '97. I don't know what he's doing now but I believe he is at Father Ryan. Maybe he should be given an opportunity to come back to PC and run things.

If I were running things at PC all three of these guys would in some way be involved with the football program at Pearl-Cohn next year. All of them are good football people with proven track records. I'm sure Fitzgerald would feel the exact same way about it.

HOWEVER, what I hope and my personal opinions about what should be done at PC are pointless. That's the way you are posting on the subject when you ended a post about WJ by saying "i hope". Your personal opinions are pointless. The fact is that William Johnson is a candidate for the job. He is going to interview for the job. Finally, regardless of what opinions you all may have personally, Brunette will probably bring him back in. Fitz and Johnson are close from what I hear and despite his past issues at Stratford I believe Fitz will lobby to get WJ at PC.

Sorry to tell you buddy but I was not wrong on BGA. Tim Johnson was the first of the six candidates that interviewed that was offered the job. Basically I said he was their #1 choice and he was. Tim turned down the job because he has bigger things in store in the not too distant future. You will see exactly what that means in the coming weeks but for a hint I'll say that the job he will soon be taking is a much better fit for him than BGA would have been. Who is going to be the BGA coach?????? HINT: it's the guy who just turned down the Franklin Co. job.

Do tell...holder of all knowledge...where is Tim headed?

Edited by Lifer

W. Johnson withdrew his name from Antioch last week. This could mean nothing or could mean Pearl will be moving quickly.

Or it could mean that WJ has found out that he has no shot at either the Antioch or PC job after his last hasty getaway from Metro. (Which is actually what if does mean)

Its called saving face.

Or it could mean that WJ has found out that he has no shot at either the Antioch or PC job after his last hasty getaway from Metro. (Which is actually what if does mean)

Its called saving face.

BINGO!.........Tell him what he has won Bob!!! Better to turn down jobs before or even if they were to be offered, than to be turned down! B/c we all know he had no shot at those jobs... Ole Willy has sooo many faces!

Edited by rockon40