What about Coach Booth?

manyfaces33

One thing is for sure, Tim Johnson, will not get the Pearl Cohn job!!!

Although, as often as he moves, maybe he will after all! :thumb:

Seriously, lots of political pressure being put on the higher ups in the Metro royalty by those in favor of WJ. Problem is, Metro royalty has the absolute proof needed to show why he might not be the best choice.

And the plot thickens........

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Agreed. Similar to your mentioning of yourself as a PC candidate? :D

If you only knew me and where I currently am you'd see how ridiculous this post was. Just ask vandy1 where I am and if I am currently coaching or not :D

Hey mediamogul, LOTS of political pressure my friend ;)

Guest catfish-hunter

This job was reopened because only three certified teachers applied the first time around. Feb. 14 is the deadline so expect a decision to be made by the end of next week.

Of the three that already applied which ones are certified???? I know Brunetti is one so that just leaves two more <_<

Edited by catfish-hunter

This job was reopened because only three certified teachers applied the first time around. Feb. 14 is the deadline so expect a decision to be made by the end of next week.

Of the three that already applied which ones are certified???? I know Brunetti is one so that just leaves two more <_<

If that is the case, then someone is going to get lots of love on the 14th.

Why open it back up? If only 3 applied and did what they were suppose to do before the deadline, then interview those 3. If you don't want to have to reopen things, then don't have a deadline!!

Hey catfish, you might have missed on this one. No WJ to pearl..

Guest catfish-hunter

Why open it back up? If only 3 applied and did what they were suppose to do before the deadline, then interview those 3. If you don't want to have to reopen things, then don't have a deadline!!

Hey catfish, you might have missed on this one. No WJ to pearl..

I'm starting to think that I did as well. I'll tell you guys what I will start a thread stating a public apology on this website for any Marshall Co. fan to see if it turns out that I am wrong. I thought for sure that William Johnson would wind up at Pearl based on the backing he was receiving from Fitzgerald. I still got a week and a half and we all know that a lot of stuff can happen in that amount of time. Just look at the BGA job where everyone thought that Tim Johnson had rejected the job and it turned out that he ended up as the guy at BGA.

Guest catfish-hunter

Did anyone ever post who the three certified applicants were? This has all the makings of a very messy hire?

I know Tony Brunetti (assistant coach at Pearl-Cohn) is a certified teacher who applied for the job. He would be a great fit for the position. He was a part of that 1997 coaching staff that Tommy Tharp brought in over at Cheatham Co. when he was the head coach there and when you look at where those guys are and how they are doing now he'd (Brunetti) be an excellent choice. Two of the guys that were part of that group are currently head coaches in Class 3A in the midstate area: Gary Halstead (Sycamore) & Cody Finley (Cheatham Co.).

Outside of Coach Brunetti I have no clue as to who the other two gentlemen were. I don't know if Johnson ever officially interviewed for the job, although I do know that he has shown interest in the position, or if WJ is even certified. I don't know if Tony Booth ever officially interviewed for the job, despite the fact that this thread we are posting on has his name listed in the title.

If I had a guess I'd probably say that those are three names that you'll hear quite a bit about in the next week or so :unsure:

I'm starting to think that I did as well. I'll tell you guys what I will start a thread stating a public apology on this website for any Marshall Co. fan to see if it turns out that I am wrong. I thought for sure that William Johnson would wind up at Pearl based on the backing he was receiving from Fitzgerald. I still got a week and a half and we all know that a lot of stuff can happen in that amount of time. Just look at the BGA job where everyone thought that Tim Johnson had rejected the job and it turned out that he ended up as the guy at BGA.

stick to your guns, fish! WJ all the way!! :thumb::lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

stick to your guns, fish! WJ all the way!! :lol::thumb:

Are you serious or joking????? I still think that WJ is in the running for the job and this one week extension may have been to just take and buy the Athletic Board enough time to take a chance on the slick one.

REMEMBER: about a week and a half before accepting the BGA job the rumor was that Tim Johnson turned down the job. Look what happended there :lol:

Are you serious or joking????? I still think that WJ is in the running for the job and this one week extension may have been to just take and buy the Athletic Board enough time to take a chance on the slick one.

REMEMBER: about a week and a half before accepting the BGA job the rumor was that Tim Johnson turned down the job. Look what happended there :D

I'm serious! You and I were the first two to bring this up and what I know about WJ is he's probably burning both ends of his candle. Working to impress at MCHS and working to get a new job at Pearl-Cohn. I still believe in the end he'll leave Lewisburg. Only time will tell if I'm a prophet or the owner of a defective crystal ball!! haha

Guest catfish-hunter

I'm serious! You and I were the first two to bring this up and what I know about WJ is he's probably burning both ends of his candle. Working to impress at MCHS and working to get a new job at Pearl-Cohn. I still believe in the end he'll leave Lewisburg. Only time will tell if I'm a prophet or the owner of a defective crystal ball!! haha

If he does leave we should have an idea by the end of next week :blink: