What about Coach Booth?

manyfaces33

Since Catfish and co. don't have the nads to post the rumors about Tim J. I will fill everyone in. Rumor is going around that the MBA coach is going to leave for a college coordinator position. Tim is going to make a run at that position. That is the rumor anyways.

As far as BGA not for sure what is going on. I would like to know from Catfish if there is any truth to the rumor of Scott Smith applying.

Also the one person whose name doesn't seem to be coming up that applyed is Rector at the state champion Ravenwood.

I would think it would be Rankin. Funny thing is Brentwood is going to be effected no matter what. If Rankin gets it then Crawford goes back to riverdale. If Crawford gets it then Daniels would probably step in at Brentwood. And of course there is Daniels who is still a viable candidate for BGA.

The rumor Johnson turned it down is just that a rumor. Remeber any coach worth his weight is going to get his assistant coaches lined up before taking the position. Then there is the problem of what to do with Moore who is in charge of the weight room I think. The new head coach is going to want the weightroom.

As for W. Johnson from what I hear he is really pushing hard for P.C. position. But if he left would that be all that bad for Marshall. Anyone with that much baggage cannot be good for a school trying to turn a program around.

Edited by cowboys

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BINGO!.........Tell him what he has won Bob!!! Better to turn down jobs before or even if they were to be offered, than to be turned down! B/c we all know he had no shot at those jobs... Ole Willy has sooo many faces!

Dont bet on it fellas. If Coach Fitz is in his corner he will get it, regardless of some unspecified past problems.

Guest catfish-hunter

MF has absolutely no imput into who gets this job. He may recommend, he may politic, but ultimately, no imput.

Short of someone parting the red sea, WJ will never have a head job in Metro again. He will ATTEMPT to stay where he is.

Look for an asst. at another prominent metro school to land the PC job.

Okay then genius who is it going to be?????????

You say to look for an assistant coach at another metro school to land the job. WOW! That's really going out on a limb there buddy. Between Whites Creek, Hillwood, Hillsboro, McGavock, Maplewood, Antioch, Stratford, Overton, Hunters Lane, etc. I believe you've narrowed it down to somewhere around 80 possible choices. Good Call :thumb:

Okay then genius who is it going to be?????????

You say to look for an assistant coach at another metro school to land the job. WOW! That's really going out on a limb there buddy. Between Whites Creek, Hillwood, Hillsboro, McGavock, Maplewood, Antioch, Stratford, Overton, Hunters Lane, etc. I believe you've narrowed it down to somewhere around 80 possible choices. Good Call :angry:

Please dont result to petty name calling as you ususally do, with me. You are not on my level.

I never said I knew who it was going to be, I simply stated who it is not going to be. I would venture a guess that there are many qualified asst. coaches in Metro that would want a crack at the job, and many time metro hires from within.

WJ has no, 0, nada, credibility in metro or any middle tennessee coaching circles. Simply posting a good record, in itself, is not good enough to be hired. Marshall County has found that out over the past few years.

Guest catfish-hunter

Please dont result to petty name calling as you ususally do, with me. You are not on my level.

I never said I knew who it was going to be, I simply stated who it is not going to be. I would venture a guess that there are many qualified asst. coaches in Metro that would want a crack at the job, and many time metro hires from within.

WJ has no, 0, nada, credibility in metro or any middle tennessee coaching circles. Simply posting a good record, in itself, is not good enough to be hired. Marshall County has found that out over the past few years.

I don't have to resort to name calling to call you out. You talk about someone having "no, 0, nada credibility" (the reason I did not put a comma after nada unlike you is because I actually know how to use proper punctuation in sentences) yet the truth of the matter is that your posts have been very irrelevant to this subject.

BTW, why do you say "Marshall Co. has found that out over the past few years"?????? Last time I checked WJ has only been the head coach in Lewisburg for one year. I've been wrong on many things but that one I am pretty sure about.

Guest catfish-hunter

If William Johnson were going to decline the job he simply would have called his buddy Maurice Fitzgerald up over the phone and said to take his name out of the mix. He would have never wasted time to meet with Fitz last Thursday evening to tell him something like that. Did they meet last Thursday????? ABSOLUTELY!!! What was the meeting about?????? I say it was to go over all of the details because sooner or later William Johnson will become the next coach at Pearl-Cohn. Why did he just take his name out of the coaching search at Antioch???? This was done to ensure the people at Pearl-Cohn that he would love to become the next head football coach over there.

The rumor in the city of Lewisburg may be that WJ is staying. Before you folks get sold on that idea however just ask yourselves a few simple questions:

a.) Would he protect himself as well as his family to lie to the people around the city right before he left for a return trip to Nashville??????

b.) Why would he take time out of his Thursday evening to meet with someone about something that he could have taken care of in less than three minutes over the telephone??????

c.) Why would he pull his name out of the search for the coaching position at Antioch but not do the same at Pearl-Cohn??????

d.) Why wouldn't he alert Jeff Lockridge, who writes for the Tennessean, that he was going to stay at Marshall Co. after telling him in an earlier interview when asked if he would like to become the next coach at PC that "we'll just have to wait and see"??????

REMEMBER: the people that he is lying to at Marshall Co., if in fact he did say he would be staying, don't hire and fire coaches and they sure as heck don't write columns in The Tennessean.

YOUR OPINIONS ON THE MAN ARE NOT RELEVANT IN THIS HIRING PROCESS :thumb:

If William Johnson were going to decline the job he simply would have called his buddy Maurice Fitzgerald up over the phone and said to take his name out of the mix. He would have never wasted time to meet with Fitz last Thursday evening to tell him something like that. Did they meet last Thursday????? ABSOLUTELY!!! What was the meeting about?????? I say it was to go over all of the details because sooner or later William Johnson will become the next coach at Pearl-Cohn. Why did he just take his name out of the coaching search at Antioch???? This was done to ensure the people at Pearl-Cohn that he would love to become the next head football coach over there.

The rumor in the city of Lewisburg may be that WJ is staying. Before you folks get sold on that idea however just ask yourselves a few simple questions:

a.) Would he protect himself as well as his family to lie to the people around the city right before he left for a return trip to Nashville??????

b.) Why would he take time out of his Thursday evening to meet with someone about something that he could have taken care of in less than three minutes over the telephone??????

c.) Why would he pull his name out of the search for the coaching position at Antioch but not do the same at Pearl-Cohn??????

d.) Why wouldn't he alert Jeff Lockridge, who writes for the Tennessean, that he was going to stay at Marshall Co. after telling him in an earlier interview when asked if he would like to become the next coach at PC that "we'll just have to wait and see"??????

REMEMBER: the people that he is lying to at Marshall Co., if in fact he did say he would be staying, don't hire and fire coaches and they sure as heck don't write columns in The Tennessean.

YOUR OPINIONS ON THE MAN ARE NOT RELEVANT IN THIS HIRING PROCESS :thumb:

Since it is obvious that you disagree, I guess only time will tell.

It always does. Lets just make sure that we are both man enough to admit who was correct on this one, without the inmature babbling please.