Tri-County Seven - By Sports Edit

krichunaka

Screenaddrool,

If you go back and read my post, I really don't think I was complaining overly much about the ref. And your darn right I'd be on here saying the ref stunk, even if we had won by more, the score doesn't matter. If we had won by 50 or lost by 50, bad officiating is bad officiating. The score should never be a factor in how a game is called.

Secondly, I know he was from JC because some of the JC people told me. One lady, who was there to watch a friends game, stopped by and told us she was glad we had him, that meant he wasn't calling her daughters rec club game!

Looking back at my post, I didn't call him any names online. And I think the worst I actually heard anyone call him in public was dingdong.

Yes we played some man, and some zone. Didn't press much that I recall. Yes, we have a very aggressive team and typically commit more fouls than our opponents. But the girl he was calling them on happened to be raining threes, pressuring the ball defensively, and in general messing with the Knights. And she averages maybe a foul a game historically. And yes, fouls are fouls.

However, it wasn't just the fouls he called against Cloudland that angered the crowd, it was the lack of calling back court violations, holding, and at least one incredibly bad out of bounds call. When a girl catches the ball and runs out of bounds with it, most refs would say it was the opposing teams ball. Not this guy.

And as I said, the other ref did a fine job. I spoke with him after the game and he apologized for the calls the other fellow made. Enuff said.

Frankly, I should apologize for attempting to write something a little humorous here. It should have been obvious to most people. The calling was the only thing really interesting in the game. If you don't like my sense of humor, or my attitude, just don't read my posts.

You frequently have made very good points here, and I have agreed online with several of your comments. But you seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to anything concerning Cloudland. Oh well.

The Highlander

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlander, did you go back and read your post? The major thing you said about the game was how bad the official was. You didn't give us your detailed stats of the game like usual. Sure it might have been a blow out (varsity) and the jv game closer, but you still could have talked a little about the players that did well. You usually do a good job of that and usually tell it like it is even when they don't do well. Saying the ref was bad and missed a lot of calls would have been plenty. You don't have to tell what names you called him just the fact that you called him names was enough. Maybe this was a new official trying to learn how to call a game. Most jv games are officiated by new officials. I'm sure your coach doesn't get on a new player such as a freshmen as much as they would get on a senior. Remember what we said when you first starting posting. You must be able to take a punch when you start giving them, ok.

Another thing when you said his calls angered the crowd, you meant the Cloudland side, cause if it just went one way I'm sure the other side felt pretty good about his calling. If both sides were angry then he just didn't do a good job on both ends. Maybe they felt the same way about the other ref that you said did a good job.

Again, when writing humor look for some back. Not all was said in seriuos, just a little ribbing. When you state, "Landers won of course" look for someone to take a shot at you.

And don't apologize for posting. You have a right to post anything you want. Just be ready to defend your statements.

Now for some serious opinions,

Krich, don't really think a game like this (Cloudland's) is good for them at this time of year. Maybe early in the season but not in the middle of their conference run. Sure the freshmen get to play a lot, but aren't they playing a lot in the junior varsity games? Having fresh legs in a couple weeks will be really important. Yes, it might have rested some of the starters (even though a day off would have rested them more), but the freshman that are playing on the varsity and junior varsity aren't used to playing 30 games. They played around 20 last year and their season was winding down around this time. It will be interesting to see if they are able to hold out for the remaining part of the season. Just as much mentally as it will be physically. It's also is a chance for a let down with your intensity level. If you are playing at a high intenstiy level, which they've had to play with over the last two games, and now get a game where they don't have to do this, could cause a backslide. I'm not saying this will happen, but it has been known to happen before to other teams. Just my opinion on this. Coach Birchfield is the coach of the team and I'm sure he is doing what he thinks is best. What is your take? Coachh, GLee, Cyclonefan?

One last thing, Highlander. I don't always have a knee-jerk reaction to everything about Cloudland. See who I have ranked first or tied for first over the past few weeks. I have stated Cloudland will win the conference and will not be tested until the late rounds of the regionals. Just some knee-jerk reactions to some comments made by some Cloudland faithful. (and that wasn't implied to you)

So Highlander keep posting the way you want and if you want to throw a punch at me then that's part of the game. Just don't get mad if I try to duck or even the ole rope-a-dope technque.

Edited by screenandroll

Good morning, Screen,

Thanks for continuing the dialogue. However, you often remind us, and especially The Highlander, of the rules of the game, so to speak, considering you joined in late-October of 2005.

Last fall (2004) I was called out for some remarks, by someone I've since learned, was using at least three coacht I Ds. And though I felt at the time he was being hypocritical, I had to admit he was right in what he said about me. A good thing.

I'm no senior statesman of writing/commenting, but I've experienced some of the highs and lows-to-very-lows. I got involved in this wonderful addiction to defend a friend who I felt at the time (still do) was taking a lot of unjust criticism over a schedule change. I would've felt cowardly doing otherwise.

I'm glad you're here, because without you, and of course, all the others, I doubt there'd be so much interest in our little area's Ladies' rankings.

But are you truly a less-than-ninety-day participant of this site? :lol:

Edited by krichunaka

Krich, I will end this thread (to get started on the new one) by telling you this is my only and will be my only ID on coacht. I used to post on here about two years ago and just recently decided to come back. My old ID had expired (I really forgot my password) so I came up with a new one. I enjoy debating different views on here and have also taken my share of "punches". Which in time everyone on here will be misunderstood, misquoted, or just plain disagreed with on their thoughts, views and opinions. Which again, is what this site is for. Like we told the Highlander, once on here and posting, everyone is fair game. So take our comments for what there're worth (not really a lot in the reality of life) and have fun with them, chew them up good, spit them out if you don't like them or wash them down with whatever it takes. I do appreciate everyone's and I mean everyone's (even coachh and osu) intake on different areas and hope they and yourself will keep adding interesting inputs to these threads. Now off to list my week 22's rankings.