Chili Night at Page Tuesday - Centennial at Page

PageMan

Coach Brian Kelly brings his Centennial girls' and boys' teams to Page on Tuesday for Page's annual Chili Night as several sports organizations will be duking it out for the best chili starting at 5:30. The games should be close as in the last meeting on Dec. 13 as Page girls won 28-22 and the boys won 47-43. Centennial girls feature post player Annie Kelly and their boys have Freshman sensation Drew Kelly, both children of Coach Kelly. I don't know how he does it - coaching both teams with his children playing on each team. I expect the girls game to have few more points than last as both teams should be playing better after a month. Hope everyone can make it and not eat too much - we don't want any blowouts in the stands either.

Edited by PageMan

Coach Brian Kelly brings his Centennial girls' and boys' teams to Page on Tuesday for Page's annual Chili Night as several sports organizations will be duking it out for the best chili starting at 5:30. The games should be close as in the last meeting on Dec. 13 as Page girls won 28-22 and the boys won 47-43. Centennial girls feature post player Annie Kelly and their boys have Freshman sensation Drew Kelly, both children of Coach Kelly. I don't know how he does it - coaching both teams with his children playing on each team. I expect the girls game to have few more points than last as both teams should be playing better after a month. Hope everyone can make it and not eat too much - we don't want any blowouts in the stands either.

:thumb: One game that I would not want to be attending! :lol:

Hey - milk and chili would be a good combination, I think. I'll probably have some beer and deviled eggs as a snack before going in for the chili :D

Thanks for the warning Pageman. If you will let me put you on the "hot seat" , I have a question for you. Tell us, in your expert opinion, who has the best team you have seen this year.

MIDTN:

I would guess in would be Smyrna in AAA, Loretto AA, and Wayne Co. A. I am far from an expert and I haven't seen a lot of the good teams in the East or West. Interestingly, I saw Smyrna play Loretto in the Lawrence Co. Play Day on 11-5-05 where both teams were far from their current playing levels and Smyrna won 43-34.

Come to the upper cumberland and watch JC, Clarkrange and RBS and see if WC is better than them?

This is not sarcasm, I am serious, I would love to know how the big 3 from 7A stack up against the rest of the state in A!!!

You are probably correct about the 7A being good, and to be truthful, I don't see a lot of single A teams during the season since Page mainly plays AA or AAA non-district games except for Eagleville. My knowledge is limited concerning "A" teams. Sometimes I see Summertown when they play either Lewis Co. or Loretto, but sometimes I have schedule conflicts.