Cash Vs Simpson?

MasterBlaster 1

I agree that the best stay the course but I can go thru a list that have dropped or moved up to have a better shot at a state medal. Look at Borneman form Houston last year. He moved down to 160 to have a better chance to win State.

I just read about the Maryville kid at 130 moving to 135. We can go on about this but you are correct some kids step up and say "here I am take me down from the mountain top" more power to them. But next year I see JMS getting pulled down from that top position by young Cash.

You can add Nick Reviez at 215.

To those that wish to accuse wrestlers of taking the easy road to win a state title, understand that the well publicized weight issues of Borneman before his senior year were greatly exagerated by usfjim and myself just for fun. He stayed around 175 in the summer, not the 190 to 200 that usfjim stated. usfjim loves to stir the pot and keep people guessing as to the reality of the situation. A 10% reduction in body weight is not by any means unreasonable for a wrestler. Even though Knox went undefeated does not equate to Borneman running. Anyone who knows him knows he will wrestle with anyone at anytime. Are you telling me that Knox was a natural 171 pounder before wrestling season or did he run from Meredith to an easier weight class so he could get his state title? Did Coleman run from Ortiz? Did Felix run from Creagan? Did Fuller run from Felix? This is basically what is being said about Borneman.

Edited by luchador

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was not that Justin was robbed. My point was, that the match could have been closer, therefore future matches could be closer. I was retorting a post that speculated that a future match would not be so close.

I've seen Cash beat a very good Webb senior@119lb who was a state placer.

For a freshman to do that and win the Father Ryan Tourney and give one of the top rated grapplers in the state a close match (JMS) giving up weight, age and experiance, then to me that shows me, he is the real deal

To those that wish to accuse wrestlers of taking the easy road to win a state title, understand that the well publicized weight issues of Borneman before his senior year were greatly exagerated by usfjim and myself just for fun. He stayed around 175 in the summer, not the 190 to 200 that usfjim stated. usfjim loves to stir the pot and keep people guessing as to the reality of the situation. A 10% reduction in body weight is not by any means unreasonable for a wrestler. Even though Knox went undefeated does not equate to Borneman running. Anyone who knows him knows he will wrestle with anyone at anytime. Are you telling me that Knox was a natural 171 pounder before wrestling season or did he run from Meredith to an easier weight class so he could get his state title? Did Coleman run from Ortiz? Did Felix run from Creagan? Did Fuller run from Felix? This is basically what is being said about Borneman.

Again not the subject but going to a weight class that you think you have a better shot at happens all the time. If not why do kids try to get to certain weights below what they way eating their standard diet of big Macs? Again, I used Luke as an example of someone who could had stayed at a weight that he could have won but dropped to his lowest to dominate. Luke had been in the State finals as a Sophmore and was upset his Jr year as the #1 ranked wrestler in the state.

So are you telling me he wasn't trying to get back to the championship match and the best weight that gave him that chance? He was a great Champion last year and was fun to watch at tourneys all 4 years.

Some kids move up because they feel they are to weak at their lowest weight. Iused luke as an example not accuseing himof anything.

I had been told that he was dropping to 160 prior to Father Ryan. The only ones that were shocked were the Franklin fans. <_<

I still try to follow Luke at Cumberland so give it a break.

Now that I think about it , there must be some truth about avoiding certain wrestlers or there wouldn't be these many postings about it. What's the saying about " He who protest" you know the rest of the story!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1