McMinn at Walker Valley

COACHQ

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls did a great job to come behind and win this one. It shows character they all have and we are on track to finish 1st in the district now.

It was a good game, and McMinn did show character by coming back.

However McMinn nor any other district teams other than Cumberland are on track to win the district. All teams have to rely on other teams to beat Cumberland at least 2 or 3 times for anyone other than Cumberalnd to win the district.

I don't like it anymore than you do but those are the facts!

It showed that no matter how good a player Butler is, and she is very good, she can't do it alone. And until Tucker realizes he can't put the other 4 players on the baseline standing, everytime down court and run 4 -low, or run every single freaking play for one person, WV will only beat medicore teams. All the inbounds plays, everything, drawn up to get the ball to Butler. Nothing against her because she wants to pass the ball, but when she does, she gets yelled at. Even when other peeps are open, you can hear "shoot the ball" when she passes it. Hard for her. Its not like WV don't have any other players, because they do. I bet Burrell, Alverson or Walker would faint if Tucker actually drew up a play for one of them. All the plays they have are suppose to have progressions, other options. Butler is getting beat up every game, being double, triple teamed at times, just physically exhausted after every game. When tournament times comes, she will be wore out. She put up 28 against McMinn Co. and nobody else from WV scored more than 6. Tucker, his assistants, and her teammates are going to have to step up or they will be on the outside looking in tournament time.

It showed that no matter how good a player Butler is, and she is very good, she can't do it alone. And until Tucker realizes he can't put the other 4 players on the baseline standing, everytime down court and run 4 -low, or run every single freaking play for one person, WV will only beat medicore teams. All the inbounds plays, everything, drawn up to get the ball to Butler. Nothing against her because she wants to pass the ball, but when she does, she gets yelled at. Even when other peeps are open, you can hear "shoot the ball" when she passes it. Hard for her. Its not like WV don't have any other players, because they do. I bet Burrell, Alverson or Walker would faint if Tucker actually drew up a play for one of them. All the plays they have are suppose to have progressions, other options. Butler is getting beat up every game, being double, triple teamed at times, just physically exhausted after every game. When tournament times comes, she will be wore out. She put up 28 against McMinn Co. and nobody else from WV scored more than 6. Tucker, his assistants, and her teammates are going to have to step up or they will be on the outside looking in tournament time.

I do agree that the other players need to be in the ballgame but still yet, they are on the floor and can make things happen also. Either by turnovers on the press or shutting their player down. WV did a great job till the 4th period. I think they thought they had the game in hand and did not think they had to produce anymore than they had already. Not taking anything from McMinn but that was WV's game and we blew it. For McMinn to score 21 points in the 4th period someone other than Ms. Butler did not do their job on defense. We will get another shot at them.

Hats off to McMinn, they played the game for four quarters and deserved to win. WV let up at the end and didn't close the deal like they should have. However, there are many other girls on the team that had plenty of opportunities to score. It was an off night for Walker who usually gets her shots while Burrell and Alverson both fouled out limiting their scoring. Thomas played great on defense and had some awsome rebounds but struggled to finish several times. It helped that McMinn was in the double bonus for most if not all of the fourth quarter. The officiating was terrible for both teams. Both teams knocked girls to the floor in the first quarter and nothing was called but several hand checks got whistles. The technical foul on Tucker was absurd. He was arguing a call to one official and the guy on the other side of the floor calls a technical. This was when the wheels started falling off for WV. This is an exciting district that is wide open for the #2 seed. Best of luck to WV vs. Cumberland Tuesday. Some will tell you how Cumberland can't be beat but that is why you play the game. Give it your best and serve up some humble pie.

Hats off to McMinn, they played the game for four quarters and deserved to win. WV let up at the end and didn't close the deal like they should have. However, there are many other girls on the team that had plenty of opportunities to score. It was an off night for Walker who usually gets her shots while Burrell and Alverson both fouled out limiting their scoring. Thomas played great on defense and had some awsome rebounds but struggled to finish several times. It helped that McMinn was in the double bonus for most if not all of the fourth quarter. The officiating was terrible for both teams. Both teams knocked girls to the floor in the first quarter and nothing was called but several hand checks got whistles. The technical foul on Tucker was absurd. He was arguing a call to one official and the guy on the other side of the floor calls a technical. This was when the wheels started falling off for WV. This is an exciting district that is wide open for the #2 seed. Best of luck to WV vs. Cumberland Tuesday. Some will tell you how Cumberland can't be beat but that is why you play the game. Give it your best and serve up some humble pie.

you speak the truth. This district is going to be wideopen in the next few weeks and is going to be very interesting to watch.

one more thing, you can see what a coach is when they do get a T and do not run onto the floor to chase them down. Great job Coach Tucker and good job to the lady cherokees.

Great comeback by Cumberland County tonight. Walker Valley played a great first half and lead by 12 at the break. Once again they were plagued by poor ball control. Made too many mistakes on passes and not protecting the ball to open the third and missed some key free throws down the stretch. Butler played well offensively, Burrell hit some big shots but Hambey and Thomas played great. Thomas played with a hunger tonight and finished well around the basket. Walker played good D but has to get her shots like she did earlier in the season. Tough game to lose. Forget the number one seed and stick together and fight for the #2 spot. You still have several close games ahead of you with McMinn, Bradley and Cleveland. Protect the ball and hit your free throws and you will be able to eliminate the mistakes that have been key in all of your losses. Should be a good one on Friday at McMinn.

The girls did a great job to come behind and win this one. It shows character they all have and we are on track to finish 1st in the district now.

I agree that the girls should be commended. But, since when does one win put you "on track" to finish first? I think arrogant would be the word I would use for your comment. Not to mention it took the coach three days to start a thread because no one had anything to say about this game prior to your post.

Oh yea coachq, can you say Ool-te-wah? <_<

I agree that the girls should be commended. But, since when does one win put you "on track" to finish first? I think arrogant would be the word I would use for your comment. Not to mention it took the coach three days to start a thread because no one had anything to say about this game prior to your post.

Oh yea coachq, can you say Ool-te-wah? :lol:

oh that hurt, Leigh received a concussion during the ballgame and it hurt us. If she was healthy we would've won..