McMinn at Walker Valley

COACHQ

tnwareagle, I think they were talking about last year.

I agree the officials were bad the first game, but I thought they called a pretty good game last night. Whoever is in charge of the association should really have thought better than put the AD at Ocoee Middle School as one of the refs though. That puts him in quite a predicament. With that said, I think he did a good job. I really thought the difference in the two games were pretty easy to see. In first game, Anna Thomas missed several easy buckets that could have really helped WV to a win. She played much better in 2nd game, but A. butler wasn't her usual self as she looked pail and sick to me. If she had played as well as she did in first game, then i believe WV would have won last night. With all that said, I don't think any of the top 5 teams in district are that much better than the other. it just depends on who is playing well that particular night. I have to give Cumberland credit as they seem to do just enough to win, which is saying something considering quality of teams in this district. They are not a lock to win district or region tournament though and any of these 5 teams could win region. Problem is....one of the teams won't make it out of district tournament. We'll see who's playing their best ball at right time of year, until then.....quit hating on other teams- they are all good.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

AA,

You like talking about morals? Here is some food for the THOUGHT.

1: Your coach lost a girl before the season started that woud've been one of the top 5 or 6 because of his stupidity

2: Your coach runs onto the court after a game, after the refs. (real good Morals you think?) I wasn't there but was told what happened so it might had been worst than I heard, oh and also broke his little board.

3: Your coach is RECRUITING now. have a Calhoun night at a ballgame. that is so funny.

4: Your coach couldn't coach a AA school team in his own county but has to move to McMinn. that is more funny.

5: Your coach blames everyone but himself for his record this year. He has the best starting 5 in the district.

6: Your coach is having kids go to WV and Central. Why is that? Maybe it is the coach?

7: there is so much more but I am tired of typing.

To have a name like you have is quite contradicting......."MY" coach as you call them is nowhere near the county of which you speak. You are obviously assuming I am from a county called McMinn. The last time I checked McMinn was a AAA school, not AA, which as my name says "rules". It is funny that all three schools of which you refer have players from nowhere near their zone. So, in summing up, if as you say, you do hate stupidity, please stop confusing us by making statements that say otherwise. And trust me, from where I am from NO KID would ever go to either WV or MC. GO WALKER VALLEY :lol:

I agree the officials were bad the first game, but I thought they called a pretty good game last night. Whoever is in charge of the association should really have thought better than put the AD at Ocoee Middle School as one of the refs though. That puts him in quite a predicament. With that said, I think he did a good job. I really thought the difference in the two games were pretty easy to see. In first game, Anna Thomas missed several easy buckets that could have really helped WV to a win. She played much better in 2nd game, but A. butler wasn't her usual self as she looked pail and sick to me. If she had played as well as she did in first game, then i believe WV would have won last night. With all that said, I don't think any of the top 5 teams in district are that much better than the other. it just depends on who is playing well that particular night. I have to give Cumberland credit as they seem to do just enough to win, which is saying something considering quality of teams in this district. They are not a lock to win district or region tournament though and any of these 5 teams could win region. Problem is....one of the teams won't make it out of district tournament. We'll see who's playing their best ball at right time of year, until then.....quit hating on other teams- they are all good.

It is so funny when a team gets beat it is aways the refs. :angry:

Tnwareagle, I know it makes your day to put a WV fan in their place but, he was talking about last year when WV did beat CHS 2X and though it was not mentioned they also beat BCHS 2X.

Johnnyboy,

Yes it does put the Ref in a bad situation when he is the AD from the feeder school for WV. Further when your 2nd official has a daughther at WV, whom is standing in a group of students also yelling at the Refs it becomes somewhat of a problem to remain focused on just making the correct calls. I believe that the officials did not do a good job of officiating as I believe they were working to hard to keep there from being any claims of biasis due to their conections at WV. They should never have been assigned to the game. But they did not cost WV the game, WV did.

Offense is more than running a swing structure and taking 3 point shots, because at some point good teams will get up and contest those shots since they don't have to worry about getting beat inside or on cuts. Anna did a good job of getting the ball at the elbow or above and driving against either a smaller defender or a defender in foul troule. It was not the design of the offense just good decisions on Annas part.

Some of the fouling by WV is also due to the fact that they overplay on D looking for steals rather than to just play sound D and limit good shots and cut off the inside game. Over playing on D aginst teams that can handle the ball will generally lead to more fouls and more drives when the over play leads to the defender being in bad position.

With that being said WV is still a good team with just as much of an opportunity to come out the district tourney as any other 5AAA team, especially since the tourney is not up on the MOUNTAIN if you understand my meaning.

Edited by SETNsports

hey man. they may have beat Bradley 2X last year but get your facts right. They beat Cleveland 0X last year. Interpreted zero times. zero. They have beat them two times in three years. year before last they beat us one time but last year no times. They did beat Bradley 2X though but so did everybody else so nothing to be tootin their horns about. as a matter of fact I believe the lady raiders beat them by over twenty both games last year.

hey man. they may have beat Bradley 2X last year but get your facts right. They beat Cleveland 0X last year. Interpreted zero times. zero. They have beat them two times in three years. year before last they beat us one time but last year no times. They did beat Bradley 2X though but so did everybody else so nothing to be tootin their horns about. as a matter of fact I believe the lady raiders beat them by over twenty both games last year.

I believe you are correct and I have been caught! But Hater was getting it by for so long (WV beat CHS last year) on the original post that I could not resist growing it a little bit especially when good ol Tnwareagle got involved and confused last year with this year. Also I was able to get in a shot about WV beating BCHS twice (like that better?) which is good whenever Tnwareagle is involved. However to keep it all clear WV beat BCHS twice last year and lost to them once this year. WV lost to CHS twice last year and beat them this year!

Good luck to all 3 Bradley County / Cleveland High Schools.