Change at Union County?

hcaoc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done about all he can do. They have become more competitive, but just don't have the numbers or the athletes. I do wish him the very best, as well as the Patriots.

He has done a good job, and will if left alone by the good ole boyz turn the program around. I disagree with your accessment that the numbers or athletes are not there. With almost 1,000 students Union County is close to being 4A in football and 3A in basketball which gives them both the numbers, and the athletes to be successful in 3A football, and 2A basketball. In fact I believe they are the largest school numbers wise in their region, at least in the basketball region.

Good point but McGBrayer must increase his players participation as well as get some more athletes. Also I think that if UC moves up to 4A in football and 3A in other sports it would be an athletic nightmare for them. That is basically out of their hands. If they are not in the top 4 in their region in any sport, they will take over the place that Clinton has in football as well as many other bottom dwellars. They must find some athletes, and more players. Once again, good luck to the Patriots.

Good point but McGBrayer must increase his players participation as well as get some more athletes. Also I think that if UC moves up to 4A in football and 3A in other sports it would be an athletic nightmare for them. That is basically out of their hands. If they are not in the top 4 in their region in any sport, they will take over the place that Clinton has in football as well as many other bottom dwellars. They must find some athletes, and more players. Once again, good luck to the Patriots.

Agree that moving up would be disastrous, but the problem is that Union County has been such a revolving door for coaches especially football that nobody stays long enough to build the program. The athletes are there, but are walking the halls instesd of participating. Hopefully they will pay Mcbrayer what he is worth and he will stay long enough to build the program. Union County is a growing community and the increase in school enrollment is enevitable.