Halls at Clinton, Friday, 01/20/06

chsbbfan

This should be a good match up tonight. However, Clinton is alot more athletic than halls. Dixon vs. Seger are you kidding me no doubt who the better player is there. Then you have to look at Dye and Sharp, two good high school point guards that can light it up at any moment. This should be a fun one to watch. If Sharp handles the press well and does not turn the ball over alot it will be close. If Halls gets in a fast pace game with Clinton it could get ugly, but I doubt that will happen. Halls has no depth and Clinton is more athletic. Good luck to both teams interested to see who wins this big District game. Cam always shows up in big games.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good match up tonight. However, Clinton is alot more athletic than halls. Dixon vs. Seger are you kidding me no doubt who the better player is there. Then you have to look at Dye and Sharp, two good high school point guards that can light it up at any moment. This should be a fun one to watch. If Sharp handles the press well and does not turn the ball over alot it will be close. If Halls gets in a fast pace game with Clinton it could get ugly, but I doubt that will happen. Halls has no depth and Clinton is more athletic. Good luck to both teams interested to see who wins this big District game. Cam always shows up in big games.

I hope that you are not saying that if halls gets into a fast pace game with clinton they'll win. Clinton is a more athletic team and is VERY fast paced. Halls better pack their track shoes tonight. I do agree with you though, Sharp is an awesome player but idk what he will do when 3 or 4 other ppl his same speed and have the same ball handleing match up with him.

Well we figured out who is the best team....As i expected clinton was on top by twelve, the den is a hard place to play. It was a good game with questional calls on both sides. Oak Ridge better be ready

Both teams played a well fought game tonight. Sharp played another good game but Dye had the better end of it. Jonathon had a pretty good game. Jordan was hot early and then Jonathon picked up the slack. I give each team credit for a well fought game.

I wont kid around, i was weary for Clinton coming into this one. We've been winning but against any kind of challenge at all...they've all been scrappy wins until the end. This one against Halls was no different. The dragons came out strong but by halftime Halls had definatly made their themselves known. Lead by CSharp, and some very "questionable" calls from the refs, the 3rd quarter offered much of the same. Scores teeder-toddering back and forth. But ..in true Dragon fashion the D stepped it up, and shots began to fall, and Clinton pulled ahead late in the 4th to win by 12. An all around great game from two very soild teams.

Clinton looked like they were definately the better team last night. Even in the first half when Clinton was trailing i thought they looked like they were the better team. Halls looked like they had good team chemistry and heart to win but it didnt look like they had any truely skilled athletes other than Sharp. As i thought Dye and Sharp evened each other out, the post play evened each other out, and the difference in this game was the 22 points by Dixon and only 11 by Segers. I thought coming into the game that the Dixon and Segers matchup was gonna be the weak point for Halls. I thought all of the rest of the match ups evened out except for that one and I was right. Dixon outscored Segers by 11 and the Dragons won by 12.

Two great teams. A very good game. The best team won. No doubt, Sharp is a great player. But, the Dragons also have great players.

What kills me is the local Knoxville Prep-Xtra press. As usual this year, the Dragons get the low respect role. All year, Clinton has been a "team to look out for". I think Halls was ranked 4th in their poll. In this morning's paper, the game got a single paragraph and the Oak Ridge-Central game gets all the head lines. BTW, Central almost beat the Wildcats last night!

So, here we go again, on our way to the region. Look out Bulldogs you gonna see the Dragons down your path. But before that happens we get to knock off the Wildcats and the Panthers in the Dragon Den. Yeah, I know, lookin' too far ahead.

Along the way, we get to listen to people like Old Crow who want to bad mouth the Dragons as "undisciplined" and "gamblers" and if they had a better coach would be state champions, etc... Yeah we hear it every year.

Don't matter...what matters is what is done on the court.

Great game Coach Lockard and staff and players.

Go Dragons !

Two great teams. A very good game. The best team won. No doubt, Sharp is a great player. But, the Dragons also have great players.

What kills me is the local Knoxville Prep-Xtra press. As usual this year, the Dragons get the low respect role. All year, Clinton has been a "team to look out for". I think Halls was ranked 4th in their poll. In this morning's paper, the game got a single paragraph and the Oak Ridge-Central game gets all the head lines. BTW, Central almost beat the Wildcats last night!

So, here we go again, on our way to the region. Look out Bulldogs you gonna see the Dragons down your path. But before that happens we get to knock off the Wildcats and the Panthers in the Dragon Den. Yeah, I know, lookin' too far ahead.

Along the way, we get to listen to people like Old Crow who want to bad mouth the Dragons as "undisciplined" and "gamblers" and if they had a better coach would be state champions, etc... Yeah we hear it every year.

Don't matter...what matters is what is done on the court.

Great game Coach Lockard and staff and players.

Go Dragons !

I agree that Clinton never gets respect from Knoxville's prepxtra. I don't know why. It was a good game and who cares if Central almost beat Oak Ridge, Clinton beat Halls who was ranked #4. That is crazy. I can't wait for the games with Oak Ridge and Powell and even better Bearden.

Maybe the Dragons will start to gain some respect.

Just heard/saw the rebroadcast of the Clinton/Halls game on TV channel 7 WMAK out of Knoxville. The co-announcer was Brittany Jackson, former UT Lady Vol (I noticed them at the game, but did not know who it was). At the beginning of their broadcast, they were bragging about how good Halls was and Cameron Sharp, etc., and how Clinton was the underdog, etc. By the end of the game, they were praising the unorthodox style of play that Clinton exhibits and were a firm believer that the Dragons were a contender in the district. They referred to Dye and Dixon (D&D) as "death and destruction" for the opposing team. Next's weeks telecast will be Oak Ridge at Powell at 9pm Saturday night for the boy's game and 1pm Sunday afternoon for the girls. That will be another good game to watch.

Perhaps folks who criticize this style of play should also take notice to similar playing style at the Summit tonight and saw UT defeat #2 and undefeated Florida.

Just heard/saw the rebroadcast of the Clinton/Halls game on TV channel 7 WMAK out of Knoxville. The co-announcer was Brittany Jackson, former UT Lady Vol (I noticed them at the game, but did not know who it was). At the beginning of their broadcast, they were bragging about how good Halls was and Cameron Sharp, etc., and how Clinton was the underdog, etc. By the end of the game, they were praising the unorthodox style of play that Clinton exhibits and were a firm believer that the Dragons were a contender in the district. They referred to Dye and Dixon (D&D) as "death and destruction" for the opposing team. Next's weeks telecast will be Oak Ridge at Powell at 9pm Saturday night for the boy's game and 1pm Sunday afternoon for the girls. That will be another good game to watch.

Perhaps folks who criticize this style of play should also take notice to similar playing style at the Summit tonight and saw UT defeat #2 and undefeated Florida.

I sure do hope Clinton begins to gain some respect in the press. They deserve it. As ive said time and time again...they come through when it counts. I didnt get

a chance to catch the telecast today, but i was at the game..and have certainly kept up with the papers, and why Clinton is so overlooked and under-ranked i do not know. D & D is an expression i hope to see and hear alot more going into tourney time. Go Dragons!

P.S. Ive kept up with both Tennessee Mens Basketball and Clintons obviously. And i see many similarities to the way coach Pearl and Lockard approach things...Im impressed with both clubs.

I am sure Clinton will get the respect they deserve after this one. They played very hard to pull out the key district win. Halls is a good team because of Cameron Sharp. If they didn't have him i don't think we would be talking about this. On the otherhand Clinton has a couple of great ballplayers. Dixon, Dye, Ford, just to name a few.

segers and sharp are younger and better than clintons 2 guards..

they are undercontroll and both shoot really good from down town..

dye and dixon shoot some of the wierdest and stupid shots but they somehow seem to go in, but they wont against halls

halls by 8

What a joke. Hall is a joke.The game spoke for itself They play teams like gibbs 10 times. Sharp is good . But on this night in Clinton you know that Dye and Dixon are for real. Little red Opee taylor is a joke also. Get your facts right. For you info Dixon is Young Should be a Junior but smart enough to be a senior. Well if he was in his right grade, you know what next year would be like. Oh yeah their stupid shots burnt your tail, wanta be baller. :thumb: