Soddy Daisy Invitational

TojoYamamoto

Two pounds?! What good is that with weight management? One and a half percent of total weight per week squashes that, especially if someone wrestles on lets say, Tuesday. It's worthless for those who adhere to the rules. Two pounds is bogus! Is any of this weight management stuff really enforced? If so, then the "103 is 107" is really not true, especially at that light weight class. One and a half percent of 103 per week means about 1/2 lb above 105 allowance. It is a serious problem for those who take it seriously. Enjoy the pancakes!

Two pounds?! What good is that with weight management? One and a half percent of total weight per week squashes that, especially if someone wrestles on lets say, Tuesday. It's worthless for those who adhere to the rules. Two pounds is bogus! Is any of this weight management stuff really enforced? If so, then the "103 is 107" is really not true, especially at that light weight class. One and a half percent of 103 per week means about 1/2 lb above 105 allowance. It is a serious problem for those who take it seriously. Enjoy the pancakes!

if the wrestlers are getting two pounds ...it means that some of the teams are wrestling on both thursday and friday nights...a pound for thursday's match and another for friday...

if you start a tournament on friday night at 103...then the next day the weight is 104...this had been the rules for quite a while....

and...the pancakes were delicious... :lol::D:D

You missed the point. Yes, you get the pounds because of consecutive days of wrestling. However, if you are wrestling on Tuesday you cannot take advantage fo them becasue of the 1.5% of body weight descent per week. A 103 pounder that weighed in at 107 couldn't wrestle 105 again for 9 days. Assuming he weighs 103 which makes his descent .22 pounds per day. The most that the 103 could weigh in Saturday is 105.66. I hope that my math is right.

Thanks TDArtist for getting the point, and the math is very accurate. Pattonboysdad is really on the cutting edge whith that response. :thumb::lol:B) .

For a 105 wrestler who might wrestle on Tuesday, there is no two pound allowance, only 1/2 pound, if he wants to wrestle at 105. That is why Henry at SD wrestles late in the week only to take advantage of weekend pound allowances. He then has more time for the clock to work. Gordon does the same.

Thanks TDArtist for getting the point, and the math is very accurate. Pattonboysdad is really on the cutting edge whith that response. :angry:;):D .

For a 105 wrestler who might wrestle on Tuesday, there is no two pound allowance, only 1/2 pound, if he wants to wrestle at 105. That is why Henry at SD wrestles late in the week only to take advantage of weekend pound allowances. He then has more time for the clock to work. Gordon does the same.

i stand corrected...you are right....i did not read it closely inorder to get the point...i simply thought (after not reading it closely) that maybe the poster did not understand getting additional pounds...my motivation was to help with understanding...and in hind sight my response was simple and silly...and...i disagree with you...my remarks were NOT on the cutting edge... ;)

lol at myself...thanks for the additional insight...but...the pancakes are still very good... B)