Underrated Seniors going anywhere?

cherries

So, how is UT going to be playing against those two when they have no D1-A offers? Yep, those kids have a lot of heart, but heart alone doesn't get you to D1-A football.

HTV. They do both have some good opportunities at this point and many things are going to change between now and signing day.You are going to be surprised and the viles will miss out on yet another in state prospect that could help them get their program back to respectibility. Stay Tuned.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV. They do both have some good opportunities at this point and many things are going to change between now and signing day.You are going to be surprised and the viles will miss out on yet another in state prospect that could help them get their program back to respectibility. Stay Tuned.

I'm not going to get in to a spitting contest with you over this. I know Spencer and I wish him all the best. He'll be a good college football player at some level.

The bottom line is that signing day is 3 days away. It's not likley that any prospect is going to go from no offers at the D1A or D1AA level to D1A in that time period.

I've heard it all "to slow, to small, grades, etc." the bottom line is that while alot of these players are not good enough to play at the D1 level I believe some of them are. Spencer Gulmire, T.C. Jennings, and R. Coffey for example, I believe have what it takes to play at the D1 level. For example, if the University of Tennessee had more players like Gulmire and Jennings on there team instead of a bunch of Thug heartless gutless wonders that probably major in Swine Husbandry, maybe they could keep their team out of touble and in the win column. Gulmire and Jennings are talented enough to play D1. They both also have something that alot of D1 players don't have and that is heart, determination and an excellent work ethic. Who ever is fortunate enough to get some of these players will be extremely lucky.

Hey Little Nickie.....the shop still off of Warehouse Road? Just FYI folks...Jennings just signed with Ark State

TC Jennings committed with arkansas state. a D-1A team that went to a bowl game this year. To me that is where he belongs. If he is outstanding there he can always try to get a transfer to an SEC school.

I think he'll stay there as long as their staff is there.....they run our offense...of course they don't have our line...but he'll do fine

Spencer has been offered by a D1AA already. Things will work out for him, and he will have a good career somewhere. Just remember it is a "Business" and you cannot take it personal.

That sounds good, then, if true. I know that Tennessee Tech was interested, but the last time I talked to him he hadn't been offered and didn't know if they were going to. I understand that Eastern Kentucky had some interest, as well, but no offer last I heard.

He is a great kid and an outstanding football player. I hope it works out for him to have the opportunity to play for a very good program and get a solid education.

Like I said, I don't want to come off like i'm not pulling for those kids. I am. My beef was with the poster who continued the anit-UT stuff and cited the fact that they weren't offering those Oak Ridge kids as his ammunition. My question is if he's anti-UT because they aren't offering those prospects, is he also anti every other D1A program that isn't offering them?

That sounds good, then, if true. I know that Tennessee Tech was interested, but the last time I talked to him he hadn't been offered and didn't know if they were going to. I understand that Eastern Kentucky had some interest, as well, but no offer last I heard.

He is a great kid and an outstanding football player. I hope it works out for him to have the opportunity to play for a very good program and get a solid education.

Like I said, I don't want to come off like i'm not pulling for those kids. I am. My beef was with the poster who continued the anit-UT stuff and cited the fact that they weren't offering those Oak Ridge kids as his ammunition. My question is if he's anti-UT because they aren't offering those prospects, is he also anti every other D1A program that isn't offering them?

I said UT because they play in the state of Tennessee. UT recruits almost it's entire roster out of state. I think they, like some other D1 schools rely on recruiting rankings(scout/rivals) too much. UT's senior class this past season was rated the #2 recruiting class in the country when they signed with UT. They only won 5 games and were lucky to win 5. They stunk it up on the field and they stunk it up off the field. So much for all those highly ranked players.

TB, has SG been offered a prefered walk on at any D1 schools?

Yes he has. Alabama.

HTV,

What did you mean by that is good if it is true about the D1AA. I think I would know.

I meant what I said. If that is true it is good news. There wasn't any intent in doubting. I don't know who you are or how close you are to the situation. Don't take it personally.

Being his father I would know. Thanks for the insight though.

Yes, it would. Congrats. Spencer is a great kid. He has obviously been brought up the right way.

So, is Tech the 1-AA school he has been offered by? I also understand that Eastern Kentucky showed some interest in Spencer after Cody Watts committed to them and had conversations with the EKU coaches about Spencer. Has that gone anywhere?