Jefferson County Football

1jbpatfan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strentgh and agility works outs started last week. This is for the returning varsity and freshman moving up. New players will start in the near future. Awards banquet held tonight in Dandridge. Looks like we are graduating 3 or 4 seniors off of this team so next years team should be pretty good. I think there has been some changes made on coaching assigments as well.

weight training for upcoming freshman (like myself)will start jan 31 and then every tuesday and thursday but i dont think we have agility training though for the upcoming freshman. i dont know please tell me if you guys do know anything about that? or if freshman will have spring practices.

weight training for upcoming freshman (like myself)will start jan 31 and then every tuesday and thursday but i dont think we have agility training though for the upcoming freshman. i dont know please tell me if you guys do know anything about that? or if freshman will have spring practices.

Upcoming freshman generally don`t participate in spring practices(I`m not sure if the TSSAA even allows them to.) I know you can go a watch spring practices though, myself and a few others did before our freshman year. If you want to do more than watch you can always get some guys together at Maury or Jeff Middle and do some 7 on 7, or 5 on 5 work. I don`t know if coach Euverard does it or not, but coach Meadows use to give out a playbook and some film of the offense if guys asked for it so they could at least get a look at things. Check with coaches though, they key is to stay active during the off season.

Edited by JC4life

Looks like your freshman team had a pretty good turn out today. You guys need to stick with it. It will be a lot harder than middle school but then again so will the teams you're playing against. m The key is to stay motivated!!!!

White Pine has had winning seasons the past 4 or 5 years. I know of some good freshman that came from WP last year, so there might be a few good ones this year. :thumb: JCT all the way!!!

Most of the Jefferson County middle schools are competitive, talented, and well coached. That fact goes all the way down to the little leagues as a matter of fact with the Dandridge Broncos among others. Talent level from the up and comers is rarely a problem.