Unaka @ cosby

flyeagle33

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go to Cosby its always tough just like playing at Unaka.Unaka will run with the ball and look to score alot in transition and will knock down the outside shot if you leave them open they are alot more guard oriented then in the past.

They spread the floor out move it around really quick and they love to flash into the open gaps in a zone and get alot of points of teams playing lazy defense.

Cosby on the other hand loves to shoot the 3 point shot that is a obvious.They will use Timmy Blakely as much as possible if they dont then there is something wrong the kid is one of the most fundemental post players in the area.Officials may play a big part everyone knows that when you play there and Unaka calls will not go your way most of the time but a good team usually plays through that.

"How to beat Unaka" Well like in the past Unaka has been able to rely on there bench with the style of play they bring to the table they would press you pressure you in the halfcourt and had the weapons to punish you on offense.This year they dont have no one who can take over a game or who is just a stand out player.

You have to take away there outside shooting and jump on them early thats there bread and butter this year. Very well coached as usual,make them have to go deep into there bench not really that experienced I believe they play 3 freshman a junior and 2 sophmores of the bench and you make both there post players go left both love to go right and off the glass half of the time.

How to beat Cosby...Deny Valentine, Jenkins, and Blakely the ball and if possible you jump on them early as possible make them match your intensity.Blocking out is a must they love to crash the boards exspecially on the offensive end..They havent really played to tough of a schedule being Unaka has had alot of tough games this year I dont think a blow out will take play in this contest unless the officials just allow it to get out of hand.

Look for both teams to come out ready to play always a good game home or away

my prediction.

my upset

Cosby-58

Unaka-62

COULD MIKE BE RIGHT :thumb:

''Could Mike be right"? DOUGHTFULL!!! Cosby is ballin right now and going 10 deep! I dont think Unaka can guard Timbo and dex and Todd are both feelin it from outside. And the defence is picked up . We're not giving up hardly any points. We kept Rockwood in the dirty-thirty's. If we keep that up Mike don't have a chance.

Cosby-72

Unaka 58

I'll take Cosby but it could be beneficial down the road if was actually a close game. I am concerned that come tourney time that Cosby will not be prepared for close matchups because most of their games have been blow outs. Great wins for Cosby, but tight games and good competition make teams better. I hope that Cosby doesn't become complacent by having blow outs most of their games.

Next year I think Cosby should host a Christmas tourney and invite some of the top A teams from the Chattanooga, Middle and West TN areas. If we want to contiune to have great teams, we need to go outside the local area to see what kind of competition is really out there, so we can compete for the state title year after year. With Gatlinburg being so close I think it would be easy to get teams to come here for a Christmas tourney, plus a great money maker.

Speaking of money maker, why doesn't Cosby have uniforms that match?? With a team as good as ours we should at least be able to outfit the team to match and have uniforms that doesn't have holes in them. I doubt money is a problem judging by the crowds, but if so we should have a fund raiser. I think we should look as sharp as we play!!

Enough said ---GO EAGLES!!!

''Could Mike be right"? DOUGHTFULL!!! Cosby is ballin right now and going 10 deep! I dont think Unaka can guard Timbo and dex and Todd are both feelin it from outside. And the defence is picked up . We're not giving up hardly any points. We kept Rockwood in the dirty-thirty's. If we keep that up Mike don't have a chance.

Cosby-72

Unaka 58

Well, Unaka will have to bring their "A" game if they even expect to compete, which I think they will. Playing @ Cosby is tough... I don't think Unaka has ever done it.(just like alot of teams) Not going to predict a score cause Unaka can play with the best of them on some nights, and look like a District 2A team on others.

Speaking of money maker, why doesn't Cosby have uniforms that match?? With a team as good as ours we should at least be able to outfit the team to match and have uniforms that doesn't have holes in them. I doubt money is a problem judging by the crowds, but if so we should have a fund raiser. I think we should look as sharp as we play!!

You wear jeans with holes in them why not uniforms ~ Just think you can start a new fad!

I'll take Cosby but it could be beneficial down the road if was actually a close game. I am concerned that come tourney time that Cosby will not be prepared for close matchups because most of their games have been blow outs. Great wins for Cosby, but tight games and good competition make teams better. I hope that Cosby doesn't become complacent by having blow outs most of their games.

Next year I think Cosby should host a Christmas tourney and invite some of the top A teams from the Chattanooga, Middle and West TN areas. If we want to contiune to have great teams, we need to go outside the local area to see what kind of competition is really out there, so we can compete for the state title year after year. With Gatlinburg being so close I think it would be easy to get teams to come here for a Christmas tourney, plus a great money maker.

Enough said ---GO EAGLES!!!

This is a good idea - but this year would be the prime year to have done such a thing, with the vaunted Eagles team.

But, if you're going to do it. Need to house the teams in Cocke County. No need to house the teams in another county.

Maybe if this was an idea, get a bank in Newport or the Cocke County Partnership to back it and have the tournament. The Partnership could really help as far as getting the teams housed, being a hospitality to them, giving them travel packs and places to dine, etc.....

If they could get 16 teams to come here for the event it would be a big deal. Maybe even big enough to host the tourney at CCHS.

The Ladies Classic in Greeneville is backed by the Greene County Partnership and Greene County Bank.