Best Heavys In State

WrestlersSister

I don't think that Quick is that great of a heavyweight. If a heavyweight shoots he is going to have the other person surprised because nobody wants to be on bottom of that much weight. Quick beat me in the Soddy tournament with a trip which should of never happened but it did. He doesn't strike me as an amazing heavy. Sliger is a good heavyweight because he keeps constant pressure on you and he gets you frustrated easily. He beat me at the beginning of the year by two points and he didn't let up the whole time we were out there .

see thats the think right there you must have not been watchin him because he is awsome off of bottom and thats were he wants to be because hes strong enough and fast enough to get off of bottom and get back on his feet and take ppl down again

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Quick is that great of a heavyweight. If a heavyweight shoots he is going to have the other person surprised because nobody wants to be on bottom of that much weight. Quick beat me in the Soddy tournament with a trip which should of never happened but it did. He doesn't strike me as an amazing heavy. Sliger is a good heavyweight because he keeps constant pressure on you and he gets you frustrated easily. He beat me at the beginning of the year by two points and he didn't let up the whole time we were out there .

I guess he was good enough that day. I guess that also means you are then even less of a good wrestler, since Quick (Tullahoma) pinned you. What good heavyweights have you beat this year? I would venture to say not many.

I'm not saying that he's not a good heavyweight. I said that he doesn't strike me as an amazing heavyweight. Just that at the soddy tournament he didn't seem to be very aggressive I noticed he was good for being in the smaller part of the heavyweights because he was the first person to score on Vandergriff all year.

Oh and by the way matcat i have 4 losses this year and every person that beat me is ranked and this is my second year.

I'm not saying that he's not a good heavyweight. I said that he doesn't strike me as an amazing heavyweight. Just that at the soddy tournament he didn't seem to be very aggressive I noticed he was good for being in the smaller part of the heavyweights because he was the first person to score on Vandergriff all year.

Oh and by the way matcat i have 4 losses this year and every person that beat me is ranked and this is my second year.

well the question is who have you beat that was ranked and ill tell you who Quick has beat that was

Quick also has only lost 4 matches and they are to former DII state champ Charles Green(McCallie) 9-8, Brandon Swinney(Overton) pin off of wrist roll, John Vandergriff(Knox Halls) pin, and Bobby Huffaker(McCallie)-bumped up at Brentwood G.P. West Invit. the score was something like 12-8 all of who are ranked.

Edited by THS215SMITH

Quick also has only lost 4 matches and they are to former DII state champ Charles Green(McCallie) 9-8, Brandon Swinney(Overton) pin off of wrist roll, John Vandergriff(Knox Halls) pin, and Bobby Huffaker(McCallie)-bumped up at Brentwood G.P. West Invit. the score was something like 12-8 all of who are ranked.

just wondering who has he beat thats ranked?im only asking because i dont know much about him

in DII and in our region i think that the three best heavys would be as followed

1. Sliger...he won the mccallie invitational and beat charles green

2. mclain still...beat by sliger but he pinned defending state champ charles green

3. Charles green...defending state champ, but has been beat quite a bit this year

and matcat..by the way...there is no big deal about stills weight hes just ar eally light heavy and for him to have done so well this year is quite and accomplishment.

halls kid will win it all no hands down

i have to say i dont think so...he was recently pinned by COok (I believe his name is) from Science Hill. I have only seen him wrestle that once, but I am sure he quite a good wrestler. Now, is he in D II? Who has he lost to this year?

With any luck at all Smyrna will offer some challenge at HW the next few years. Hopefully sooner than later :huh: