AREA II Small School Tournament

AJ98

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen almost all the teams play. The only team I'm not sure about is the new school, but going on what I've seen I'm going to say Wartburg Dawgs and Oneida Indians in the Championship. With the Dawgs pulling one out in overtime. :thumb: , but I know from experience that things never shake up as planned. Best of Luck to Wartburg.

For the girls, I've seen only a few play, but Petros girls have a ton of heart. They have two extremely solid players in Chelsey, Rocky, Landrum and Krystal Fountain. Both have a ton of heart and know how to put the ball in the hole. My other favorite is Coalfield. Olivia Scarbrough is really talented from outside In. She is tall for her age and can put the ball in the hole. Alaine Jordan adds alot of athletism to the team. She can run, jump, and can take the game into her hands. The surrounding cast isn't overwhelmingly good, but when I seen them play 2 of their starting 5 fouled out. I haven't seen any Scott county teams besides Oneida play, but there is always talent in Scott. I'm going to try to find a bracket, as for the mean time anyone who knows what is going on feel free to put it up, but I will try to get one.

P.S Theanswer3115 How do you think things will shake up? You hit the nail on the head last year. :thumb:

Any guesses as to who takes the Area II Titles boys/girls? Philip2003, took some educated guesses, but if he is 2003 then his information is a little outdated. Anyways, the only clear favorite is the Oneida Boys because no one has been able to clear that group yet. The girls side looks a little more open this year with last years champion(Oneida) seeded 6th. Look for the favorite to emerge by the 2nd round, as to who that is, I'd say pick a number 1-6.

:lol: Kaz :D

Boys basketball seems to be a little tougher in Scott County this year.

Girls on the other hand are a little tougher in Morgan County. This tournament is wide open on both sides. However, until somebody beats Oneida boys, they are the clear favorite!

I've seen almost all the teams play. The only team I'm not sure about is the new school, but going on what I've seen I'm going to say Wartburg Dawgs and Oneida Indians in the Championship. With the Dawgs pulling one out in overtime. :ph34r: , but I know from experience that things never shake up as planned. Best of Luck to Wartburg.

For the girls, I've seen only a few play, but Petros girls have a ton of heart. They have two extremely solid players in Chelsey, Rocky, Landrum and Krystal Fountain. Both have a ton of heart and know how to put the ball in the hole. My other favorite is Coalfield. Olivia Scarbrough is really talented from outside In. She is tall for her age and can put the ball in the hole. Alaine Jordan adds alot of athletism to the team. She can run, jump, and can take the game into her hands. The surrounding cast isn't overwhelmingly good, but when I seen them play 2 of their starting 5 fouled out. I haven't seen any Scott county teams besides Oneida play, but there is always talent in Scott. I'm going to try to find a bracket, as for the mean time anyone who knows what is going on feel free to put it up, but I will try to get one.

P.S Theanswer3115 How do you think things will shake up? You hit the nail on the head last year. :D

They dont have a chance huntsville is gonna take it state and win it all....they play great as a team....there guards and post all have talent .....They are really fast and like to run transition

I think that Oneida boys will meet Huntsvilles Boys in the Championship and Oneida will win.

In the girls I think Fairview Girls will meet Petros Joyners Girls in the Championship but I think Fairviews Girls will pull it out in OT.

I also want to know can anybody stop the 18-0 Oneida Middle School Boys Basketball Team.

Also the games for Jan. 28 are

Girls

5 - Wartburg vs. 12 Burchfield ( winner will go on and play Coalfield and Winfield)

7 - Jellico vs. 10 Robbins ( winner will go on and play Christian Academy)

6 - Oneida vs. 11 Oakdale (winner will go on and play Petros)

Boys

5 - Robbins vs. Petros (winner plays winner of Wartburg and Coalfield)

7 - Jellico vs. 10 - Winfield (winner plays Christian Academy)

6 - Oakdale vs. Burchfield (winner play Huntsville)

Games for Jan. 30 and 31 are

Girls

1.Fairview vs. winner of 9.Sunbright and 8.Huntsville

winner of 4.Coalfield and 13.Winfield plays 5. Wartburg vs. 12 Burchfield

2.Christian Academy vs. winer of Jellico and Robbins

3. Petros vs. winner of Oneida and Oakdale

Boys

1.Oneida (18-0) vs. winner of Sunbright and Fairview

4.Wartburg and 13.Coalfield plays 5.Robbins vs. 12 Petros

2.Christian Academy plays winner of Jellico and Winfield

3. Huntsville plays winner of Oakdale and Burchfield

I think that Oneida boys will meet Huntsvilles Boys in the Championship and Oneida will win.

In the girls I think Fairview Girls will meet Petros Joyners Girls in the Championship but I think Fairviews Girls will pull it out in OT.

I also want to know can anybody stop the 18-0 Oneida Middle School Boys Basketball Team.

Also the games for Jan. 28 are

Girls

5 - Wartburg vs. 12 Burchfield ( winner will go on and play Coalfield and Winfield)

7 - Jellico vs. 10 Robbins ( winner will go on and play Christian Academy)

6 - Oneida vs. 11 Oakdale (winner will go on and play Petros)

Boys

5 - Robbins vs. Petros (winner plays winner of Wartburg and Coalfield)

7 - Jellico vs. 10 - Winfield (winner plays Christian Academy)

6 - Oakdale vs. Burchfield (winner play Huntsville)

Games for Jan. 30 and 31 are

Girls

1.Fairview vs. winner of 9.Sunbright and 8.Huntsville

winner of 4.Coalfield and 13.Winfield plays 5. Wartburg vs. 12 Burchfield

2.Christian Academy vs. winer of Jellico and Robbins

3. Petros vs. winner of Oneida and Oakdale

Boys

1.Oneida (18-0) vs. winner of Sunbright and Fairview

4.Wartburg and 13.Coalfield plays 5.Robbins vs. 12 Petros

2.Christian Academy plays winner of Jellico and Winfield

3. Huntsville plays winner of Oakdale and Burchfield

Round 2 Games

Boys

8.Sunbright falls to 9. Fairview, Fairview will go on and play Oneida in Rnd 2.

13. Coalfied falls to 4. Wartburg, Wartburg goes on and to face Robbins in Rnd 2.

12. Petros falls to 5. Robbins, Robbins plays Wartburg in Rnd 2.

7. Jellico falls to 10. Winfield, The bobcats will go on and play Christian Academy.

I do not know who won the 6.Oakdale and 11.Burchfield, who ever won will go on and play Huntsville.

Girls

(Im not real sure who won the Girls games)

9. Sunbright beats 8. Huntsville, The Tigers go on and play Fairview in Round 2.

(I think) 4. Coalfield beat 13. Winfield, Coalfield goes on and plays Wartburg.

(I think) 5. Wartburg beat 12. Burchfield, Wartburg go on and play Coalfield.

I do not know who won the 7. Jellico and 10. Robbins, but the winner will play

Christian Academy.

6. Oneida beats 11. Oakdale, Lady Indians will go on and play 3. Petros.

*If there is any corrections please add them*

Oneida and Wartburg can't met in the championship which is a shame. Huntsville's guys may be good but I think Oneida has this one, and will be playing Oakdale in the champ. Mike Barber knows what he wants to run and does it. CACC may have good teams I honestly have no clue. All the games so far have been blowouts or at least really bad to watch. I think it will began to get cranked up now. Petros girls are still my favorite to win. Everyone who has seen most the teams in the girls tourny play seem to favor petros. Petros does like transition though, and transition can be stopped.

Robbins guys are a decent team. #1 got lil playing time but is a good player with his left hook. #22 played none and is quick and can shoot. #15 had good #'s tonight but struggled from the free throw line. These three players when clicking could be tough to handle but I think Wartburg will beat them.

As for Huntsville they have always had good talent but when we played them they were poorly conditioned and couldn't play as tough in the 4th. That was the year Brooks played. If Petros would have been able to go on to the next stage it woulda been a great rematch. Injen, Huntsville may be good but winning state I strongly doubt since they can't beat Oneida. Look forward to the rest of the tourny. Best of Luck all remaining Morgan County team.

BTW when was the last time a Morgan County boys team made state? I know they didn't last year or the year before. Any clue from anyone?