Top freshmen wrestlers

tnwrestler1

Whos the best freshmen wrestlers around the state :thumb:

I believe that from Baylor Ty Watson is going to be solid next year. This year, as a freshman...he is tarting out slowly. But I think that he ahs got that desire to become something more, he just needs to mature. Next year he will be the 215 to watch out for!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whos the best freshmen wrestlers around the state :thumb:

Having spent many years with this Freshman class. My thoughts are that three of them may have a chance to to do really well in the big show (top Three).

1. Justin Cash - I think, will be considered the Favorite in 112. His quickness on his feet has entertained me (except when he and Tee wrestled) for years.

2. Jake Young - For a freshman to excell in the 160 class says it all. I will get a better feel on him after friday, when he wrestles Tolbert from Red Bank. My gut says that he (if the brackets work out right ) will be facing the Bradley man-child Creagan in the finals.

3. Tee Boone - Can he compete against Hunter Randolph ? (If someone knows please call his grandfather so he'll stop asking me ) I THINK there are 6 kids chasing Hunter and Talon Noman, with Tee maybe at the top of that list (hopefully)

Others to watch locally in D1

Dustin Stewart SD

Chris Bradbury Ool

Cody Hood OOl

Big Bad Eric Phipps ND When he learns how to wrestle- watch out

I've been wrong before - once thought Raider76 could whup Ms 76

Bear Cat

I believe that from Baylor Ty Watson is going to be solid next year. This year, as a freshman...he is tarting out slowly. But I think that he ahs got that desire to become something more, he just needs to mature. Next year he will be the 215 to watch out for!!

Coming from an inside source there is no way that Ty will be able to make it back down to 215 next year. He had to cut from around 240 to make it to 215. He will definately be a HWT for the next 3 years of his highschool career.

Coming from an inside source there is no way that Ty will be able to make it back down to 215 next year. He had to cut from around 240 to make it to 215. He will definately be a HWT for the next 3 years of his highschool career.

he actually will be cutting back down next year because he wuld not be able to beat McLain Still in the challenge matches.

Blake Ridenour gets my vote, too. I've watched him wrestle for almost a decade now and he's definitely deserving of his success.

Hay, G are you going to Karns tonight!!!! We could use you, I think you could light the fire that would bring W.B. Victory!!!! Between you and Marty's Boots we can't loose!!!!

Actually redraider0185 maybe you should check your sources....McLain Still is there heavy weight as of right now and hes only a junior. He won't be cutting down to 215 next year...so Watson is basically stuck at 215. Maybe the next year, but as for this coming year, he will bestaying at 215. Either that or he will go up and become JV 275...which I am sure would not appeal to him much.