Top freshmen wrestlers

tnwrestler1

Names, names, names. How 'bout giving weight classes. It seems all the names here are for the three lowest weight classes (some minor exceptions).

Last year 53 freshmen made state. 36 of those were in the 3 lightest classes. 20 were in the 103 class. From 125 through heavey weight 17 freshmen qualified, with no weight class having more than 3 freshmen.

How about those freshmen who are 125 and up who have wrestled varsity all year? Seeing as how those kids are going up against older more mature wrestlers, it would seem that these are the "best freshmen wreslters." To face no other freshmen all season and still have a winning record would be an impressive feat indeed. Any one like that out there?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Names, names, names. How 'bout giving weight classes. It seems all the names here are for the three lowest weight classes (some minor exceptions).

Last year 53 freshmen made state. 36 of those were in the 3 lightest classes. 20 were in the 103 class. From 125 through heavey weight 17 freshmen qualified, with no weight class having more than 3 freshmen.

How about those freshmen who are 125 and up who have wrestled varsity all year? Seeing as how those kids are going up against older more mature wrestlers, it would seem that these are the "best freshmen wreslters." To face no other freshmen all season and still have a winning record would be an impressive feat indeed. Any one like that out there?

based on this thread...there seems to be 5 wrestlers that fit into this category...

chance haynes...135 or 140...baylor...freshman who is not wrestling this year due to transfering (which sort of take him out of what you are saying)

jake young...160lb...oltawa (spelling?)...definitly fits here...very big for freshman and is having an incredible year...

josh patton...152lb...another big weight for a freshmen who is really excelling

caleb proter...130lb...over 125lb and in an incredibly difficult weight class

ty watson...215lb...from baylor...

young, patton, and procter...because of being in big weights for freshman...must be both strong and technical...and if you combine their overall records...there are just a hand full of losses...you probably will have a 90% or higher win percentage with these three guys...based on what i have seen...young is the better wrestler of the three...but...all of them are doing what is nearly unheard of from freshmen who weigh as much as they do...all three of them have not only placed at big tough tournaments...but have also won tournaments

the heavier guy...215 ty watson...does not need as much technique at 215...but i guess must be very strong for a freshman to hold his own...and do as well as he is

based on this thread...there seems to be 5 wrestlers that fit into this category...

chance haynes...135 or 140...baylor...freshman who is not wrestling this year due to transfering (which sort of take him out of what you are saying)

jake young...160lb...oltawa (spelling?)...definitly fits here...very big for freshman and is having an incredible year...

josh patton...152lb...another big weight for a freshmen who is really excelling

caleb proter...130lb...over 125lb and in an incredibly difficult weight class

ty watson...215lb...from baylor...

young, patton, and procter...because of being in big weights for freshman...must be both strong and technical...and if you combine their overall records...there are just a hand full of losses...you probably will have a 90% or higher win percentage with these three guys...based on what i have seen...young is the better wrestler of the three...but...all of them are doing what is nearly unheard of from freshmen who weigh as much as they do...all three of them have not only placed at big tough tournaments...but have also won tournaments

the heavier guy...215 ty watson...does not need as much technique at 215...but i guess must be very strong for a freshman to hold his own...and do as well as he is

I understand Jeff Co. has 2 freshman that have wrestled varsity all year. each placed 5th or better at GIT's and have won several individual tourneys between them.

I understand Jeff Co. has 2 freshman that have wrestled varsity all year. each placed 5th or better at GIT's and have won several individual tourneys between them.

what weight class are these 2 guys from jeff Co.???....and what are there names...

this is what the post from "wingsgoalie33" was asking for???

hats off to Ooltewha's jake young, freshman, who in the last week has tech falled the # 6 ranked guy at 160 and pinned tolbet of redbank who i think is presently ranked 3rd

way to go "freshman power"

you get my vote as the best freshman in the state of TN

hands down!!!

I heard a lot about him the other day while down in Chattanooga. He is the real deal and should help get the Owls to Clarksville. I also heard some rumbles about this 152 @ Blackman. He's being watched!! :D

Actually redraider0185 maybe you should check your sources....McLain Still is there heavy weight as of right now and hes only a junior. He won't be cutting down to 215 next year...so Watson is basically stuck at 215. Maybe the next year, but as for this coming year, he will bestaying at 215. Either that or he will go up and become JV 275...which I am sure would not appeal to him much.

I think I am in the know on this situation considering that Ty is my brother. My sources are top of the line figure out who you are talking to before you try to criticize me next time.

Taylor Dixon and Chase Beazley of indy. Taylor has won some turnaments and got 2nd in varcity turnaments. He lost to Josh Patton by 2 points and could now beat him. He lost to Spencer Cope by 3 points. Chase Beazley is 34-6 and has placed in every turny. He lost to Talon Noman 2nd in state 6-11. They should at least be on this list.