OS vs Coalfield

catback

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Oliver Springs ! OSHS REMAINS UNDEFEATED in District play! :thumb:

This win essentially gives OS the #1 seed in the District Tourney and all but assures them as District CHAMPS. This is the Lady Bobcats 5th straight District championship.

Coalfield and Oneida will have to battle it out for the 2nd seed barring a major collapse and upsets.

Edited by OS91

Oliver Springs vs. Coalfield.....

NO BRAINER! Lets face the facts:

1)ALWAYS A PHYSICAL GAME

2)Oliver Springs has more talent

3)Coalfield may have improved from the first match up, but it's just not going to be enough for a very dominating Oliver Springs!

4)Oliver Springs has too many weapons

5) Finally, if Coalfield was going to give it to Oliver Springs the best chance they had was back in the 2001-2002 season. Oliver Springs won both meetings....no matter the score a "W" is a "W"

I know Coach Christopher isn't going to totally satisfied with tonight's win. Saturday night, OS had an 8-point lead with around three minutes to play at York and let it slip away. York eventually won in overtime.

Then tonight I heard the Lady 'Cats were up by 15 or so, but came unglued down the stretch and let Coalfield to within two late in the game.

She's looking for her team to develop a killer instinct and that's not happened yet. I guess that comes with experience and this team lost 4 senior starters last year that played an awful lot of basketball. I still think OS is far from peaking, but I think they've improved since before Christmas. They've just got to learn to deliver the knockout blow.

48-41 O.S. wins. It appears that someone has improved since the last game and somebody has stayed about the same. Hmmmmmm.

Its clear that you were not at the game, because at one point in the first half it was 22-5 OS, OS struggled to convert at the foul line and took to many outside shots, they did play good defense, but could'nt get the ball in the bucket, with that said, Coalfield, the number 5 team in the state still could'nt beat them, the finale score does'nt indicate the domination of the game by OS. Even with one starter out from OS, and a poor shooting night, Coalfield could'nt muster up a victory, I did'nt see that much improvement.

Its clear that you were not at the game, because at one point in the first half it was 22-5 OS, OS struggled to convert at the foul line and took to many outside shots, they did play good defense, but could'nt get the ball in the bucket, with that said, Coalfield, the number 5 team in the state still could'nt beat them, the finale score does'nt indicate the domination of the game by OS. Even with one starter out from OS, and a poor shooting night, Coalfield could'nt muster up a victory, I did'nt see that much improvement.

It is obvious you are a blond. Of course I wasn't at the game. Please refer to posts above the one you quote. I stated my sources tell me this stuff. Which in translation I am being told something. Also the final score indicates the game was much closer than the last game. If my math is correct seven points is less than 19 but I did go to school at Coalfield.That means it was an improvement for Coafield not to give up 19 points. I do, however; like the excuses given for why it was such a close game. It had nothing to do with the opponent being on the floor. It was all the Oliver Springs girls fault. Keep telling yourself that while you're working on your contractions. It is COULDN'T, not COULD'NT and DIDN'T, not DID'NT. I thought you covered sports? I guess there is a difference in covering and writing about it though.

Edited by CYJacket