East tenn 3a basketball

Eggs_suck

I will agree with you about being about the 3rd best team in the last ten years. But that doesn't matter. This team can play with anyone around here right now and that is what matters. If they had not lost Murner then this team would be a favorite to win state this year.

A fav to win state??? Please you are reaching. Melrose is ranked in the nation!! In the nation. And siegel could beat them too no matter who they had/hadn't lost.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fav to win state??? Please you are reaching. Melrose is ranked in the nation!! In the nation. And siegel could beat them too no matter who they had/hadn't lost.

I'm not to ready to agree with a "favorite to win the state" if Murner had not transferred, but they certainly would have been the best in East Tennesee...that being said, he did transfer and as the old saying goes "if if's and but's were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas." Just because someone is nationally ranked doesn't necessarily mean they are great. I recall a few years back a team from Morrow, GA (girls) came to the Ladies Classic in Greeneville as the number one team in the nation. 2 games and 2 blowout losses later, they were on the bus back to GA and finished the season as the GA 5A champs with those 2 losses as the only losses on the year. Obviously those proclaiming Greeneville as the best thing since sliced bread are reaching and biased, but would you not agree that they are good enough defensively to stay in most games...and if you stay in, you have a chance to win?

State brackets are based on a drawing with no two teams from the same region being allowed to compete on the same side of the bracket

(this is like ley to affect the Region with Shelbyville, Siegel and Oakland)

and sometimes affects the region with Bearden and Oak Ridge, halls, and so on...

If either Greenville or SHHS wins then they could be seeded against a team from east tn depending on the drawing. Usually that wont happen.

State Predictions

Bearden

SHHS (Greenville is the only good team in the IMAC)

Shelbyville

Siegel

Raleigh Egypt

Hamilton

and two teams from the other regions, I'll og out on a limb and say Hendersonville and Franklin.

I just don't see Cleveland, Bradley Central, Or Red Bank able to beat those teams from the middle region (shelbyville, siegel, etc)..

West Tennessee...yea, okay...they do tend to dominate, and their average teams could probably put on a clinic with some of middle and east tennessee teams. Thats a given. But having seen both Middle and East TN teams play, ..id pick East TN anyday. Middle Tennessee school have talent and sure, some are great. But they just dont preform like East TN schools do on average.

I did not mean to ruffle any feathers, just making an observation that someone other than Science Hill has the ability to compete from East Tennessee. You are correct, Red Bank did beat Greeneville at their place in overtime but Greeneville did win by 19 at home in a game that Red Bank was not in after halftime, so that qualifies as "handled easily" in their most recent game. My point is that Red Bank is talented, therefore; if Greeneville is good enough to handle Red Bank (even once), then they have the ability to match up in the state tournament.

and if red bank is good enough to handle greeneville just once they good enough to match up with any team in the state.