McMinn at Central

Rubbing Alcohol

Not sure what Coach Morgan was doing, but they still pulled it out anyway. The rumor I heard was that he was starting all freshman, but everyone knows he's too prideful to not start his daughter. Anyways, Kylie Lambert was on fire with a leading score of 30pts.

Good game by both teams, what's your thoughts?

Oh, and ladycherokees, looks like you were wrong (again).

RA

Not sure what Coach Morgan was doing, but they still pulled it out anyway. The rumor I heard was that he was starting all freshman, but everyone knows he's too prideful to not start his daughter. Anyways, Kylie Lambert was on fire with a leading score of 30pts.

Good game by both teams, what's your thoughts?

Oh, and ladycherokees, looks like you were wrong (again).

RA

Just as he should have done Morgan played alot of freshmen with speed and wore them down. This should have happened the first time they played but I think he was proving a point with the older girls. K. Morgan did a good job of shutting down Harris and Lambert took Leia F. out of the game after that it's all over. I think Quirk was shell shocked because I saw not fit pitches. Shonda was a non factor. It's going to be a long four years for McMinn in these games.

Just as he should have done Morgan played alot of freshmen with speed and wore them down. This should have happened the first time they played but I think he was proving a point with the older girls. K. Morgan did a good job of shutting down Harris and Lambert took Leia F. out of the game after that it's all over. I think Quirk was shell shocked because I saw not fit pitches. Shonda was a non factor. It's going to be a long four years for McMinn in these games.

I have to disagree with several statements. First, I disagree with the statement the freshmen speed wore us down. This group is no faster than the last time we played. They hustle but they make a lot of turnovers also. The reason Lady Cherokees lost last night: 1. Lambert (#22) was great, and she was impressive the last time you played us 2. 2 McMinn starters in foul trouble in the first quarter and on the bench. 3. Poor shooting percentage. Watch the game film and compare our shooting percentages. We rimmed out a lot of shots even the easy wide open shots which is not like us. Central girls were hitting, McMinn was not. Plain and simple, it was Central's night. Now McMinn has to regroup and get ready to finish tournament play which they will.

Shonda was a factor in the fourth period when she finally began connecting on her 3's. Had Central not continued their high shooting percentages we could have gained major ground.

I do agree that after next year, McMinn will have long nights playing Central as

the girls gain floor experience and cut down on their turnovers. When this group of juniors graduate, it will be tough years ahead for the girls.

Edited by blackandgold

I have to disagree with several statements. First, I disagree with the statement the freshmen speed wore us down. This group is no faster than the last time we played. They hustle but they make a lot of turnovers also. The reason Lady Cherokees lost last night: 1. Lambert (#22) was great, and she was impressive the last time you played us 2. 2 McMinn starters in foul trouble in the first quarter and on the bench. 3. Poor shooting percentage. Watch the game film and compare our shooting percentages. We rimmed out a lot of shots even the easy wide open shots which is not like us. Central girls were hitting, McMinn was not. Plain and simple, it was Central's night. Now McMinn has to regroup and get ready to finish tournament play which they will.

Shonda was a factor in the fourth period when she finally began connecting on her 3's. Had Central not continued their high shooting percentages we could have gained major ground.

I do agree that after next year, McMinn will have long nights playing Central as

the girls gain floor experience and cut down on their turnovers. When this group of juniors graduate, it will be tough years ahead for the girls.

You did watch something, but it wasn't the game that Central and McMinn Co. played. It was in the middle of the second quarter when two of the starters for McMinn Co. was leaning over so far during a free throw that I thought they would fall into the paint. Yea, Shonda did begin connecting on her three's (after Gabby Jordan fouled out & the second string came into the game.) ALL of Shonda's three's were after the 3:45 mark in the forth quarter after the press was called off. And a 20 point lead in a game is not the result of a great team having an off night. It's a sign of domination on the court. PERIOD.

Say what you want about the freshmen not being good, not earning their positions, what ever you want to say, but the bottom line. A Triple "A" team got their socks beat off by a Two "A" team that started 3 Freshmen, 1 Sophomore, and 1 Senior, and did most of the subbing with freshmen.

Add to that the clASS that was shown by the asst. coach from McMinn Co. and it was a good GREAT night for the BLUE & WHITE!!!!!

Edited by gamefan

Gamefan, you seem awful sensitive. I did watch the game carefully, and again.

I did not take away from Central. You have a great team, I said you shot the ball well. I bragged on your Lambert for both games, and I'll add at this point this player will get serious looks for college by everybody in my opinion starting her junior year. You deserved the win and yes AA beat AAA. The only negative I said was the faster team that was bragged about is not faster than the first game, and if you watch the gamefilm which you seem to have, look at the turnovers.

Yes, the Jordan girl was out going through the fourth quarter, but it was not your second string on the floor during the quarter, go back and look at your game film. I would not call Morgan, Lambert, Blevins and Raburn your second string. Yes, the press had been called off to be cautious with the lead, (smart coaching move) and that opened up the 3's. I did not comment on earning positions, that seems to be a touchy point with some of you over there. Also at one point if you watch carefully you will see the lead was 23 at one point.

I do not understand the comment about the assistant coach though. Please explain, is this good or bad or aimed at a lack of class of head coach or what?

I am ready for both teams to do well and go far in tournament play. I know several girls on Central team well, they are great and would be great for both teams to fight their way to Murfreesboro.

You did watch something, but it wasn't the game that Central and McMinn Co. played. It was in the middle of the second quarter when two of the starters for McMinn Co. was leaning over so far during a free throw that I thought they would fall into the paint. Yea, Shonda did begin connecting on her three's (after Gabby Jordan fouled out & the second string came into the game.) ALL of Shonda's three's were after the 3:45 mark in the forth quarter after the press was called off. And a 20 point lead in a game is not the result of a great team having an off night. It's a sign of domination on the court. PERIOD.

Say what you want about the freshmen not being good, not earning their positions, what ever you want to say, but the bottom line. A Triple "A" team got their socks beat off by a Two "A" team that started 3 Freshmen, 1 Sophomore, and 1 Senior, and did most of the subbing with freshmen.

LET ME SEE IF I"M FOLLOWING THIS LOGIC?

I guess on any given night anyone can beat anyone. WV varsity lost to McMinn, however the WV freshmen team has played M. Central freshmen 3 times and beat them twice. The Central Freshmen have included all of the key Freshmen except once Kylie did'nt play due to a wrist injury. WV missed a key post starter in 2 of the 3 games. Thus I guess Tucker messed up and should have played his Freshmen team against McMinn and WV would have won the game based on the Central (majority) Freshmen performance against McMinn. :D

McMinn ]

Edited by SETNsports

"LET ME SEE IF I"M FOLLOWING THIS LOGIC?"

"I guess on any given night anyone can beat anyone. WV varsity lost to McMinn, however the WV freshmen team has played M. Central freshmen 3 times and beat them twice. The Central Freshmen have included all of the key Freshmen except once Kylie did'nt play due to a wrist injury. WV missed a key post starter in 2 of the 3 games. Thus I guess Tucker messed up and should have played his Freshmen team against McMinn and WV would have won the game based on the Central (majority) Freshmen performance against McMinn."

That is CORRECT !