Greeneville at Cocke County

cchsfan2006

Cocke County is probably playing the best of any of the other team besides greeneville in the imac. it is at cocke county. cchs has won 5 of their last 7 games. cocke county has size. they have the one man press break.(Terence Carmichael) Is there any way in the world Cocke county upsets the #1 team in the imac on Friday?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County is probably playing the best of any of the other team besides greeneville in the imac. it is at cocke county. cchs has won 5 of their last 7 games. cocke county has size. they have the one man press break.(Terence Carmichael) Is there any way in the world Cocke county upsets the #1 team in the imac on Friday?

CCHS has to neutralize the Wiggins equation. Either take him out with a gameplan, or go after him and try and get him in foul trouble.

When you're at a size disadvantage, it may be best to spread the floor and neutralize the height.

We shall see. CCHS is certainly playing great with the guards really coming on and Joel and Travis playing good inside. Birdsell and Hartsell are also making contributions elsewhere besides the scoring column.

I think Greeneville wins.....Duncan always has something up his sleeve, and he likes winning in Newport...

CCHS has to neutralize the Wiggins equation. Either take him out with a gameplan, or go after him and try and get him in foul trouble.

When you're at a size disadvantage, it may be best to spread the floor and neutralize the height.

We shall see. CCHS is certainly playing great with the guards really coming on and Joel and Travis playing good inside. Birdsell and Hartsell are also making contributions elsewhere besides the scoring column.

I think Greeneville wins.....Duncan always has something up his sleeve, and he likes winning in Newport...

Yes I think that cocke county will have a lot better chance than they did last time. They are playing pretty good ball right now, but it is going to be hard to shut down wiggins, and if cocke county slows him down it could be alot og open looks for Boone And Moore, and if they are shooting well there lead will grow.

cocke county has a pretty good gameplan on greeneville. i have seen them pratice. they know how greeneville plays. i do not see them playing any different styles of ball than they usually play. if they do it just makes cocke countys chances better. the way they play is the best they can play. it seems like other teams have trouble shooting in cocke countys gym. cocke county was not ready for greeneville at their first meet. they started out 13-0 greeneville. i am wrong every once in while(rare, very rare) i think it will be the biggest upset of the year in east tennessee. i bet there is not one person out there that thinks cocke county will win except me and every member on the cocke county team. cocke county wins in a buzzard beater at home. 58-56

Edited by caleb1137821

I don't understand why you would open a message board on a game like this. This game will be a blowout. CCHS doesn't have a chance in this one. There is no possible way they can match up defensively and their offense won't do anything against Greeneville's defense. Wiggins will own them down low and so will boone and moore on the outside shooting. Greeneville wins by atleast 15. It could reach 20 something if CC doesn't watch out. This game will be ugly. Greeneville 67 CC 48

I dont expect Cocke County to win; but I wouldnt really expect a blowout either.

When you have good guard play; you can always win a basketball game. Sure height is nice, but Bruce Pearl is proving it can be very easy to win with a 4 guard lineup.

There's also ways to neutralize height when it comes to gameplans; that too Pearl has done.

CCHS has drawn the Devils at the right time, no one in bottom 5 of the IMAC is playing better ball than Cocke County.

I dont expect Cocke County to win; but I wouldnt really expect a blowout either.

When you have good guard play; you can always win a basketball game. Sure height is nice, but Bruce Pearl is proving it can be very easy to win with a 4 guard lineup.

There's also ways to neutralize height when it comes to gameplans; that too Pearl has done.

CCHS has drawn the Devils at the right time, no one in bottom 5 of the IMAC is playing better ball than Cocke County.

your crazy. There is no way that they can slow down greeneville. Greeneville will win by 20

Anything is possible at home, but I would think it would take a huge effort on the part of Cocke County to keep this close. Cocke County's road win at Jeff would be something in most years, but they are pitiful this year with apparently very little desire to win - perhaps the worst Jeff team I have ever seen. Everyone likes to talk about Greeneville in terms of offense but the strenght of that team is it's defensive intensity. A team has a good night when they score 45 points on that group...and it is hard to win or stay close when you are scoring that low.

Anything is possible at home, but I would think it would take a huge effort on the part of Cocke County to keep this close. Cocke County's road win at Jeff would be something in most years, but they are pitiful this year with apparently very little desire to win - perhaps the worst Jeff team I have ever seen. Everyone likes to talk about Greeneville in terms of offense but the strenght of that team is it's defensive intensity. A team has a good night when they score 45 points on that group...and it is hard to win or stay close when you are scoring that low.

the scoring 45 on greeneville comment is about at my prediction. 67 to 48. Thats the best CC can do.