Greeneville at Cocke County

cchsfan2006

Pick a number between 15 and 30. Ok.... Got it.... Thats the amount that Greeneville can and will win by Friday. You people that think cocke county can win or even hang with us need to wake up from your little dreamland.

I agree 100%. Cocke county is too slow, cant shoot with them, cant stop them, and they know it. I cant believe some of you all are on here talkin upset. This game will be Greeneville by 15 at the half or more.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cocke county has a pretty good gameplan on greeneville. i have seen them pratice. they know how greeneville plays. i do not see them playing any different styles of ball than they usually play. if they do it just makes cocke countys chances better. the way they play is the best they can play. it seems like other teams have trouble shooting in cocke countys gym. cocke county was not ready for greeneville at their first meet. they started out 13-0 greeneville. i am wrong every once in while(rare, very rare) i think it will be the biggest upset of the year in east tennessee. i bet there is not one person out there that thinks cocke county will win except me and every member on the cocke county team. cocke county wins in a buzzard beater at home. 58-56

I liked the game plan..Greeneville 78 CCHS 36

Greeneville shoots 52 percent overall from the field. Above 50 percent from both inside and outside the arc, as well in the win.

Greeneville made 12 three-point baskets as well.

Cocke County's plan was affected because Carmichael (flu-like symptons, 102 degree fever) could not play. Terrence gave it a go, but was unable to go. That made up for a bunch of lost speed at the guard position.

The start of the game really sat the tone, Greeneville got up 13-1, hitting every shot in sight, or crashing the offensive boards. Cocke County had a lot of good early inside looks and was unable to finish them and combined with a handful of early turnovers and missed free-throws the route was on.

Greeneville will always be tough with Duncan's defense; but undoubtedly - if they go cold shooting wise they'll be in a game with whomever they play.

Good luck the rest of the way and by the way you played last night... Your gonna need it.

As will the rest of the IMAC.

2-6 are even - but no one will touch Greeneville. On any given night, any of the 2-6 teams can play with each other. But it seems like Jefferson County - who will likely get the 5 seed (big game friday between East/Jeff) - may be slipping a bit.

East did beat Cocke County at their place, as Cocke County fell cold from the floor in the third quarter - but I think East is solid at 6th place.

Other than that, Cherokee/West/Cocke County are pretty even.

Would have been interesting to see what Cocke County would have done with Carmichael in there, he would've added experience at the guard position. It wouldnt have been a win by any means - but I'm thinking 15-20 point game.

The start of the game really didnt do much to help Cocke County last night. Open missed looks; and then Greeneville hitting everything they threw up.

HEY PT.....DOUBLE FOUL..................LOL

I've been told this is an emphasis for the officials for the upcoming District 2-AAA tournament.

When in doubt - double foul is the call.. :D

I dont expect Cocke County to win; but I wouldnt really expect a blowout either.

When you have good guard play; you can always win a basketball game. Sure height is nice, but Bruce Pearl is proving it can be very easy to win with a 4 guard lineup.

There's also ways to neutralize height when it comes to gameplans; that too Pearl has done.

CCHS has drawn the Devils at the right time, no one in bottom 5 of the IMAC is playing better ball than Cocke County.

Bruce Pearl isn't coaching CCHS and Lofton,Watson and Wingate aren't playing for them ither. A four guard lineup is great when you have the talent to play with it , collge ball is guard dominated highschool ball depends more on big men. CCHS couldn't match the Devils on any aspect of the game. CCHS is improving yes, but they are no where near winning or competing for the IMAC. Its great to be positive about your team, but please be reasonable no one but 3 CCHS fans even thought the game would be close. Even if the Carmichael kid would have played what could he have done to make it much closer? He's quick as a cat and can dribble but being able to dribble doesn't make you a ball handler he still has 7 or 8 turnovers per game , doesn't control the team the way a senior should, and he doesn't shoot all that well. Yes they are improving but saying this should have been a close game is just boardering stupidity.

Edited by VoiceOfReason

Bruce Pearl isn't coaching CCHS and Lofton,Watson and Wingate aren't playing for them ither. A four guard lineup is great when you have the talent to play with it , collge ball is guard dominated highschool ball depends more on big men. CCHS couldn't match the Devils on any aspect of the game. CCHS is improving yes, but they are no where near winning or competing for the IMAC. Its great to be positive about your team, but please be reasonable no one but 3 CCHS fans even thought the game would be close. Even if the Carmichael kid would have played what could he have done to make it much closer? He's quick as a cat and can dribble but being able to dribble doesn't make you a ball handler he still has 7 or 8 turnovers per game , doesn't control the team the way a senior should, and he doesn't shoot all that well. Yes they are improving but saying this should have been a close game is just boardering stupidity.

True - but regardless of personnel - its a philosophy that could work - especially if you're up against a man. It may not allow for a win, but it can limit damage done if you are at a big height disadvantage.

(Also, I assume you meant someone other than Major. Major can't even catch the ball, let alone dribble. He's defending the post very well, but his offense leaves a lot to be desired. It was sad to see Bradshaw give a power move late in the game today that was more powerful than anything Major's done all season)

Run a 4 guard line-up and spread the floor.

CCHS has run a four-guard line-up some the last couple of weeks.

They've Ran Glenn and McGaha at the 2 and 3 and Hartsell as the four man with Kelley as the five. Terrence is the mystery man there at times at the point. One game he's all about a true point guard and will have 5-8 assists and 2-3 turnovers, then the next night he's driving, taking low-percentage shots and seeing the assist/turnover ratio go the other way. I think a lot of that is he's probably not a true PG - but he's the best man to beat the defense that they have.

But on the other hand, running a three guard lineup also has its benefits as it gives Pasternak down low and allows McGaha to come off the bench - which seems to be the role he's more comfortable with.

And then Spreading the floor opens the lane up for clean cutters and perhaps some mis-matches at some points.

If you've got a quick guard in the 4 position being guarded by a power forward, speed can create some a mis-match, but the guard will also have to be physical as well as quick.

But it's all really for naught - as no one this side of District 2 is going to beat Greeneville. Science Hill or a Bearden pose the next biggest threat to Greeneville.

But to the game at hand.

I was expecting mainly a decent showing from Cocke County, given their last several outings; only one loss since Jan. 2nd - but still anywhere from a 15-20 point loss. Now, Caleb - he was giving them the chance to win

I think with Carmichael its anywhere from a 15-30 point game last night. Terrence adds 12-15 ppg and just added experience at the point. Glenn will be a good guard, but he's just a sophomore and hasn't played - especially at point - against a defense on par with Duncan's caliber. Same for Hartsell, McGaha, and Whitehead.

When you play Greeneville you've just got to hope a couple of their weapons are off. They just have too many weapons to deal with. In talking to folks at Cherokee, they handled Boone and Wiggins - but Moore and Anderson did the most damage.