ARE WE THE RED HEADED STEPCHILD

Drem2Achev

I noticed there are 14 teams in area in small school. This is region 1 and region 2. When they wrestle to see who is champion they recieve one trophy 1st place only. There is no District awards no region award no runner-up for area 2nd nothing. I believe there are 2 or 3 teams in distrct 1 soccer they give first and second. In the region there are 6 or 7 teams give out 1st and second.

Then all other sports and band are devided into at least two divisions. Wrestling one why are teams not equal in track but they are in wrestling why not in baseball but they are in wrestling. Not equal in the shrine of football but they are in wrestling.

Coaches and parents should demand equal treatment for the sport of wrestling. We dont want anything better, just treated as well. The tssaa seems to have contempt for our beloved sport.

GIVE US EQUAL TREATMENT.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed there are 14 teams in area in small school. This is region 1 and region 2. When they wrestle to see who is champion they recieve one trophy 1st place only. There is no District awards no region award no runner-up for area 2nd nothing. I believe there are 2 or 3 teams in distrct 1 soccer they give first and second. In the region there are 6 or 7 teams give out 1st and second.

Then all other sports and band are devided into at least two divisions. Wrestling one why are teams not equal in track but they are in wrestling why not in baseball but they are in wrestling. Not equal in the shrine of football but they are in wrestling.

Coaches and parents should demand equal treatment for the sport of wrestling. We dont want anything better, just treated as well. The tssaa seems to have contempt for our beloved sport.

GIVE US EQUAL TREATMENT.

I think TSSAA has tried to help out somewhat, by adding the small schools Div. A/AA. This gives teams a chance that normally would not have one, to go to State Duals

Adding the small school division back has once again given other teams a chance to win. Most regions are pretty much evened out and gives teams a chance to do something. I think Ronnie Carter does a decent (I didn't say great)job with wrestling, seeing that he is a former wrestling coach.

I am saying two divisions large and small. This will grow the sport in our state. The only people who are high profile tn. college wrestlers came out of a very select group. Simpsons, Blackmon, Ward, Mcnight, Keller. All from same era Dunning only one since. Meridith is at Cen. Ok. and starting.

Two classes not 6 not 3 not 4 not 1 we need two big and small. Does not need to be associated with a aa or aaa. Put the 70 or so largest up and the 70 smallest down.

We would grow wrestling in Tn. an allow others to have success. Maybe others would persue wrestling more in the spring and summer and get better and go on to college.

I'm undecided on this one.

I know Georgia has a lot more "State Champions" then we do, but there are a lot more people (i.e. wrestlers) in Georgia. I wish I knew the ratio of wrestlers to champions in each state.

I'd love to have RMC's input on this subject. At what point do you get too many champions?

I think we have too many divisions now. I'm assisting with the running of our state tournaments and managing 5 divisions on 12 mats over 3 days in one arena is a logistical nightmare.

But, on the other hand it will be really cool to see 10 semi-final matches side by side, and the 5 finals side by side.

I would like to see fewer divisions, but you get the same arguements that you can't do it for one sport and not the others.

For now, I'll go crazy trying to make this year's tournament run smoothly and be happy that at least we are in one venue.

I hope that some of you get a chance to come down and watch the tournament(s) at the Gwinnett Arena Feb. 9 - 11. If you do stop by and say hello. I should be somewhere up on the head table.

Edited by RMC

I think we have too many divisions now. I assisting with the running of our state tournaments and managing 5 divisions on 12 mats over 3 days in one arena is a logistical nightmare.

But, on the other hand it will be really cool to see 10 semi-final matches side by side, and the 5 finals side by side.

I would like to see fewer divisions, but you get the same arguements that you can't do it for one sport and not the others.

For now, I'll go crazy trying to make this year's tournament run smoothly and be happy that at least we are in one venue.

I hope that some of you get a chance to come down and watch the tournament(s) at the Gwinnett Arena Feb. 9 - 11. If you do stop by and say hello. I should be somewhere up on the head table.

Glad it's you and not me, Ross. Good luck!!