Who would win Ravenwood or MUS?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is mus?

So, you’ve heard of a program (Ravenwood) that’s only a few years old and just won its first football title, but haven’t heard of a program (MUS) that’s been around fifty years and has three state titles in football?

The thread question aside (I guess one of the few things we can do in the offseason is to chime in on paper champions in mythical matchups, but it really serves no purpose), one way to define MUS is, “the team that drilled the team that gave Ravenwood its only loss”.

Edited by rollredroll

Why not make a game like this a reality in the future. There are no reasons that I can think of that would hurt both the schools invoved (the winner of D-1 5a and D-2 3a). Both schools could split the profits with each other and the TSSAA (because there would be a huge crowd there watching the game). The teams would keep their respective titles as state champions and the winner might receive a trophy or some token of them winning. It would be a win win siruation for both schools involved.

Why not make a game like this a reality in the future. There are no reasons that I can think of that would hurt both the schools invoved (the winner of D-1 5a and D-2 3a). Both schools could split the profits with each other and the TSSAA (because there would be a huge crowd there watching the game). The teams would keep their respective titles as state champions and the winner might receive a trophy or some token of them winning. It would be a win win siruation for both schools involved.

You are so naive! Love the attitude, but get real.

So, you’ve heard of a program (Ravenwood) that’s only a few years old and just won its first football title, but haven’t heard of a program (MUS) that’s been around fifty years and has three state titles in football?

The thread question aside (I guess one of the few things we can do in the offseason is to chime in on paper champions in mythical matchups, but it really serves no purpose), one way to define MUS is, “the team that drilled the team that gave Ravenwood its only loss”.

Common opponents tell you absolutelty nothing about a match up. I personally would rather watch a game between Maryville and Ravenwood. Oh that is right there are more than two state champions.

Common opponents tell you absolutelty nothing about a match up. I personally would rather watch a game between Maryville and Ravenwood. Oh that is right there are more than two state champions.

I didn't start the thread. You don't have to tell me there are more than two state champions.

Someone asked, "who is MUS?" I gave one of many answers to that question, and that answer made no claims about the validity of common opponents.

Prophets should pay more attention.

Drilled would be an understatement. And the only way to compare when teams don't play head to head is by common opponents.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Drilled would be an understatement. And the only way to compare when teams don't play head to head is by common opponents.

Actually, "drilled" is quite an apt description, not an understatement. And BTW, weren't you aware that Ravenwood killed BA in that theoretical rematch that took place right after the BCB? :lol:

Actually, "drilled" is quite an apt description, not an understatement. And BTW, weren't you aware that Ravenwood killed BA in that theoretical rematch that took place right after the BCB? :lol:

I guess you are right ... other ways of looking at it would be waxed, slain, murdered, walked over, buried ... I could go on and on here. :D

As for theoretcial rematches, I heard the Franklin Cowboys CCC team put up a good fight against Ravenwood but just couldn't pull out the W. :D

Fifty years of football...and only 3 titles

Well...maybe they're really a basketball school