Weight Managment

Dobber

We'll here I go! It's region time again, and by people's own addmission on this web site. There's alot of wrestlers dropping down a weight class. I know you can't beleve everything you here on the internet.

But, I still see alot of wrestlers cutting weight at the last Min. Every region has there rumors. and yes alot are just rumors Nothing More!

But, i've not herd of one red flag, or any team recieve a warning for any infraction of the weight managment policy.

I'm not a big fan of this system, but we all have to live with it. If nothing is ever is done to people who abuse this policy (WHAT GOOD IS IT)

I hope I'm totally wrong on this, maybe everyone is following the rules, but were there is smoke there is fire. And there is alot of smoke out there!!! What dose everyone else think!!!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who's abusing the rule lawman? Give us some names before you start making accusations. And who are these people who are admitting it? Have a little backbone and be specific before you throw some abstract post on here. Come on, go all the way Dobby.

WOW, I must have been wrong, I'm sorry did not mean to upset anyone!!!

I guess everything is alright, no problem here! :thumb:

My son was in violation one time. It was an accident, but it was a violation.

I didn't know this until our coach told me how he has to report each weigh in and it is monitored by an independant agency.

The one student I reported on dropping down qualified at his drop down weight but chose to wrestle up for most of the season. (A good kid who has beaten my son all eight times they've faced each other over the last two seasons)

Is this a perfect system? No. But it's better than putting peoples lives at risk, which is what we had under the old way. No one's life is worth a chunk of cheap metal and a life time of past glory bragging.

nobody's being punished. it's just like last year. heck, some of these kids are losing 5-8 lbs in a weeks time. some coaches haven't even entered the first match in the site. same thing happened last year. if it was being policed, their would be alot of kids not getting to wrestle at regions, trust me!

trashman, you sound scared. got something to hide?

I think he brings up a good point, you know there are people who will manipulate the system. Otherwise, we wouldn't need the system. If all people could be trust on face value that they will not exceed the regulations, we would need to do all of the data entry that we do. We dont need names, its a fact of any athletic competition that some will cheat for a W.

I think he brings up a good point, you know there are people who will manipulate the system. Otherwise, we wouldn't need the system. If all people could be trust on face value that they will not exceed the regulations, we would need to do all of the data entry that we do. We dont need names, its a fact of any athletic competition that some will cheat for a W.

Thank You, I thought people did'nt understand. You said it better than I. Thought with words like internet & rumor people would realize that I don't belive everything. I'm not going to make things worse by telling stories on this post.

I think that it is insane that people think that you can throw out a number like 5-8 lbs. and that alone is scary. i am all for safety but up until a few years ago there was never a problem football has had so many more deaths than wrestling. Taking weight cutting out of wrestling is like taking the forward pass out of football. No it is not necessary to play the sport but it is part of the sport. The way that the TSSAA wants these kids to manage their weight with the new rules is impracticle and probably more detrimental to their health. I would bet that there are more than a few out there "cheating" the new rules. But I couldnt blame them.

I think that it is insane that people think that you can throw out a number like 5-8 lbs. and that alone is scary. i am all for safety but up until a few years ago there was never a problem football has had so many more deaths than wrestling. Taking weight cutting out of wrestling is like taking the forward pass out of football. No it is not necessary to play the sport but it is part of the sport. The way that the TSSAA wants these kids to manage their weight with the new rules is impracticle and probably more detrimental to their health. I would bet that there are more than a few out there "cheating" the new rules. But I couldnt blame them.

Good Point, It's nice to see that we can have a debate on this subject. It's alot better than being accused of being the lawman ( As angry Typeriter guy would say)

Also, it takes some of the Coaching at the State Duals (IE Father Ryan a few years ago when they moved folks all around to win State)

Heck, throw it all out there. I've been told kids have cheated on the hydration portion and got away with it.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Also, it takes some of the Coaching at the State Duals (IE Father Ryan a few years ago when they moved folks all around to win State)

Heck, throw it all out there. I've been told kids have cheated on the hydration portion and got away with it.

How do you cheat on the hydration? Youre either hydrated or you aint. I guess you could squeeze one of those big turkey basters into your jockeys and fill it up with water or something.