York at Upperman 1/31

jimbo44

Yeah its a pretty weak district alright, all this district has done over the past 7 years is win 6 GOLD BALLS (THATS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR THOSE OF YOU LIKE SHPSHTER93 THAT OBVIOUSLY KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT TN GIRLS BASKETBALL) and 2 Silver balls during that time span. Yeah its pretty weak i guess compared to your district, what has your district done shpshter93? Enlighten us all please. :lol:

If you are referring to the State Championships won by Jackson county, then not only am I aware of them, I got to see them all in their trophy case. But, their success does not a district make. I dont have a district of my own, I dont play girls basketball....But, it would be the same as station camp making a play that they are good because upperman is in their district. I have not intended on making you mad. I just did not believe that York will beat Upperman. Based upon what I have seen. Again I am not playing the game, they wont let me..lol...I can make one safe prediction..Your gold ball streak will not continue unless you can count the one that Jackson COunty could win in A ball. Smile :0)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its a pretty weak district alright, all this district has done over the past 7 years is win 6 GOLD BALLS (THATS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR THOSE OF YOU LIKE SHPSHTER93 THAT OBVIOUSLY KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT TN GIRLS BASKETBALL) and 2 Silver balls during that time span. Yeah its pretty weak i guess compared to your district, what has your district done shpshter93? Enlighten us all please. :ph34r:

What was the final of the game? Upperman by 12...How could this be?

What was the final of the game? Upperman by 12...How could this be?

1st Qtr; Lady Bees 5-York 10. All Bandi Brown-2 or 3 blocked shots and most of the points.

2nd Qtr; Bees 22-York 16. Upperman no longer gun-shy. More selective in their shots.

3rd Qtr; Bees 38-York 26. Bees made points off several broken plays. York began to show some fatigue.

4th Qtr; Bees 55-York 43. Upperman used their weave offense to burn clock. York showed more fatigue.

I am surprised that Yorks best 3 shooter (Peavyhouse) was on the bench until late in the game. :)

The Upperman defense played Brandi more like they did last year. :thumb:

Edited by jimbo44

1st Qtr; Lady Bees 5-York 10. All Bandi Brown-2 or 3 blocked shots and most of the points.

2nd Qtr; Bees 22-York 16. Upperman no longer gun-shy. More selective in their shots.

3rd Qtr; Bees 38-York 26. Bees made points off several broken plays. York began to show some fatigue.

4th Qtr; Bees 55-York 43. Upperman used their weave offense to burn clock. York showed more fatigue.

I am surprised that Yorks best 3 shooter (Peavyhouse) was on the bench until late in the game. :huh:

The Upperman defense played Brandi more like they did last year. :thumb:

Peavyhouse was in the game. She shot several times and got the ball slapped into her face. York just did not have what it takes to beat a team like Upperman.

Peavyhouse was in the game. She shot several times and got the ball slapped into her face. York just did not have what it takes to beat a team like Upperman.

York has what it takes. It's just puttin it all together and playin hard for 32 minutes, which is difficult for York. Has been since I played, anyway, and still is to an extent. Keep fightin ladies. Beat Macon County!

York has what it takes. It's just puttin it all together and playin hard for 32 minutes, which is difficult for York. Has been since I played, anyway, and still is to an extent. Keep fightin ladies. Beat Macon County!

Your right York doesnt have what it takes to beat a team like Upperman. The only chance they have is if Brandi beats Upperman. York has not been to good other than Brandi in quite some time.

Your right York doesnt have what it takes to beat a team like Upperman. The only chance they have is if Brandi beats Upperman. York has not been to good other than Brandi in quite some time.

I disagree with you. I think York's always been a pretty solid, tough team to beat. Brandi is just an extremely outstanding player, so she is definitely the go-to person for scoring on that team. She averages 20-some-odd points a game and always gives it her all on both ends really. Would York be as good a team without her? Maybe not. Would they still be good? Yeah, I think so. It would just take some stepping up, which is what I know we had to do some when her foot was hurt. And I think the team still did ok without her. Other people just have to take more shots and work harder. Next year, we'll see how York is without the unstoppable Brandi Brown. It's definitely easier to beat a team with someone like Brandi helping you, but it's not completely impossible to do it without her. Go Brandi Brown and all the York Dragonettes.