District 6AA

PurpleGrad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve asked around Jasper the past few days but haven’t been able to find any information on the situation. I believe their scheduled to have tryouts on February 20th. They have been working out at a local gym since the middle of October but Coach Laws has not been there. They are supervised at the gym by an adult volunteer.

As far as I know they haven’t held any type of formal practice only off season conditioning. I guess we’ll find out what’s going to happen in the next week or two.

I’ve asked around Jasper the past few days but haven’t been able to find any information on the situation. I believe their scheduled to have tryouts on February 20th. They have been working out at a local gym since the middle of October but Coach Laws has not been there. They are supervised at the gym by an adult volunteer.

As far as I know they haven’t held any type of formal practice only off season conditioning. I guess we’ll find out what’s going to happen in the next week or two.

The first official day of practice begins monday....I hope there not having tryouts on the 20th....We are going to a playday the 24th...Is Marion not competing in any playday's....If they have tryouts on the 20th that will only give them 2 weeks to prepare for the first game....

The first official day of practice begins monday....I hope there not having tryouts on the 20th....We are going to a playday the 24th...Is Marion not competing in any playday's....If they have tryouts on the 20th that will only give them 2 weeks to prepare for the first game....

from what i hear coahc laws doesn't have a schedule yet. so who's to say when the first game is? some of the parents that i have talked to say that coach laws has had very little if nay communciation with them.

As far as I understand we are playing in the play day at South Pittsburg. I thought it was scheduled for March 3rd and 4th but I might be mistaken.

I have not received a schedule for the season and have not been told of any games or tournaments we are going to play.

I might be mistaken about the tryout date. I might be this Monday (February 13th) instead of Monday week.

As far as I understand we are playing in the play day at South Pittsburg. I thought it was scheduled for March 3rd and 4th but I might be mistaken.

I have not received a schedule for the season and have not been told of any games or tournaments we are going to play.

I might be mistaken about the tryout date. I might be this Monday (February 13th) instead of Monday week.

I have a copy of Bledsoe County's schedule in front me and the South Pittsburg playday is on March 9th and 10th.....Thursday and Friday and the Sequatchie playday is on Saturday March 11th....

Freshman year. Played basketball at Marion. Started the softball season at Marion. First game was against SP. She sat the bench behind Sr. pitcher Sarah Griffith during this game. She transferred to Grundy the next day. Less than a month later, she was the starting pitcher against Marion when we went to Grundy for our first match-up of the season.

Sophomore year. Left Grundy during the summer and played basketball and softball her Sophomore year at Whitwell. Had a pretty good year in softball.

Junior year (this year). Left Whitwell during the summer and played basketball at Marion. We're not quite to softball season yet, but all indications are that she will be the starting pitcher for this years Lady Warriors.

Senior year. Wait and see.

She is a very good kid and a decent athlete. She could be really good if she would stay in one place long enough to get comfortable with a system. She has had four basketball coaches and three softball coaches in three years. That would be tough for anyone, regardless of their ability. I'm not too sure who has been making the decisions for her to move: her or her parents. :lol:

South pitt may be next or sequatchie depends on who makes parents mad LOL....left whitwell so she could play PG and lost both times this year......good girl ....thosesurrounding shakey

I have a copy of Bledsoe County's schedule in front me and the South Pittsburg playday is on March 9th and 10th.....Thursday and Friday and the Sequatchie playday is on Saturday March 11th....

Thanks for the info. I have no idea when we play. I'm guessing Bledsoe will be playing in the Sequatchie playday???