Kevin Smithson of Temple

HoopsterPlaya

Look he could throw and run for 8,000,000,000,000 yards and I still would not care. These small private schools around here are a joke and everyone knows it. He might get signed on somewhere, but the fact is, when u play against GRACE, you are gonna put up big numbers, plain and simple. The only decent athlete to come out of this area from a school like that was the oldest skogan. He was a stud basketball player. But even still, he wasnt all he was cracked up to be b/c of his inflated numbers. This kid is gonna fall flat on his face if he gets signed. Temple is on the same level as many good 8th grade squads i have watched.

You're an idiot. I guess you don't remember Peardon from Boyd-Buchanan, Eddie Moore from South Pittsburg, Watkins from Lookout Valley, all in the past few years. David Brainerd, Silverdale, Grace, yes they're building so of course they're struggling at first. Temple has done a lot better than a team that young should be doing. There are good players in all classes, just more in the larger schools, for obvious reasons (up to 10 or 12 times more students). The Trousdale people were on here after Temple played them complimenting the quarterback and fullback and receiver from Temple, I guess they don't know football like you do though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His posts seem to indicate he's from Ooltewah. Typical attitude, nothing matters except the large schools (or Division II). How many signed from there recently in football, and stuck with it (so players like Flanagan don't count) other than the one-year transfer from Cleveland? This year Temple is ahead of Ooltewah in signees from what I've seen.

Edited by Indian

Yes. As I posted above: Kevin has signed to play for Charleston Southern University in South Carolina.

And as for volfromchat, well -- I'll let his post reveal what an idiot this guy is.

Thanks about the info on Kevin Smithson. Charleston Southern is a good school and in a beautiful city. Good luck to Kevin.

Edited by wingman10

Look he could throw and run for 8,000,000,000,000 yards and I still would not care. These small private schools around here are a joke and everyone knows it. He might get signed on somewhere, but the fact is, when u play against GRACE, you are gonna put up big numbers, plain and simple. The only decent athlete to come out of this area from a school like that was the oldest skogan. He was a stud basketball player. But even still, he wasnt all he was cracked up to be b/c of his inflated numbers. This kid is gonna fall flat on his face if he gets signed. Temple is on the same level as many good 8th grade squads i have watched.

Still waiting, how many have signed from Ooltewah?

Look, never seen him play, not gonna lie, but there is still a lot more Will Heely's out there from schools like Boyd, Temple, etc. then there are Eddie Moores. I am sure he is a great athlete, but I played sports at both the small private, and large public levels, and I have seen first hand the LARGE difference in tallent. The fact is, this isnt about how many people have signed with Ooltewah, I personally dont care what my former school does, all I am saying is that we would not be talking about this kid at all if he went to Hixson rather than Temple. He would probobly be getting challanged for a starting spot by some hot shot freshman, cause even good players go through that at large public high schools, but if there is ONE athlete on a team like Temple, they stick out like a white elephant.

You seemed to think the players from smaller levels are no good. There have been nine players from the area sign from 1A and 2A so far from this year's graduating class, one from Lookout Valley, Temple, South Pittsburg and Boyd-Buchanan, two from Sequatchie and three from Tyner. Really, if you've never even seen him play your opinion doesn't count for much. Are you saying he couldn't start for Hixson, but was signed by a 7-4 1-AA college team? Could Hixson beat Charleston Southern?

Look, I have been a part of, or watched many different levels of High School sports, and my point is that I would like to see what he could do against players that could start for red bank MIDDLE. I am talking more about the 1A schools than I am the 2A. That level of compotition is rediculous. There have been SO MANY players come out that were so over rated b/c of the comp. they played against week in and week out. I will be interested to see what he does against real tallent. Having played at Temple, will not even come close to preparing him for the speed of the college game. It is gonna take a huge adjustment. It will be interesting.

Look, I have been a part of, or watched many different levels of High School sports, and my point is that I would like to see what he could do against players that could start for red bank MIDDLE. I am talking more about the 1A schools than I am the 2A. That level of compotition is rediculous. There have been SO MANY players come out that were so over rated b/c of the comp. they played against week in and week out. I will be interested to see what he does against real tallent. Having played at Temple, will not even come close to preparing him for the speed of the college game. It is gonna take a huge adjustment. It will be interesting.

I'm not sure what you know about football reading what you say about it, but for your information Temple has several players that could start for any high school team in the Chattanooga area. Don't get on here and talk about someone without ever seeing them play. Smithson may not be the best QB in Chattanooga, but he has to be one of the best. Oh -- and do everyone a favor next time and spell check before you post on here. Thanks.