Coach of the Year--your picks

katMANdo

Siegel Coach Alan Bush has had to learn the difference between coaching boys in an established program and a start up program at a brand new high school. My guess is that he never had to give a scathing half time analysis that resulted in the players bursting into tears, prior to coming to Siegel. The progress has been marked and evident.

He and his staff are still defining themselves, but the results are admirable. He gets my vote. A true class act that demands only the best from his players. His vision, standards and discipline have made the players better young women for the experience.

Prez......you are right on...now read my post from page one of this thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to go homer on ya'll here. If you look at losing Miss Basketball, 2005, plus another senior who made 70+ threes last year, that equates to about 35 points and 16 rebounds per game. Sure you have three starters back from the State Championship team but you replace the lost seniors with two sophomores. Granted, these aren't your average sophomores, but sophomores nonetheless. Your first sub off the bench is a freshman, at least since district play began, and you truly have only one post player with 11 guards. Currently you sit at 24-4 on the way to a 26-4 regular season in the toughest district in the state, 9 AAA, and have beaten both Smyrna and Wilson Central. My vote goes to Chris Fryer at Mt. Juliet for coach of the year. Thank you for your time and attention. :P

lets hold all the _______of the year awards until the season is over. regular season is all for show. the post season is what matters. it really doesn't matter what happens in the regular season, so hold your thoughts and see who excels in the post season. i remember a few seasons ago when j.c. won the state tourney with 10 or 11 losses, no one would have given the coach of the year to coach brown until AFTER the tourneys are over. some schools just play lots tougher schedules than others! usually this tougher schedule pays off come tourney time. i'll let you know in march.

Steve Patterson of the Madison Academic High School in Jackson,Tn. single A will win coach of the year. 3rd Year program, will win region 8 and advance to substate. Advanced to substate last year, got beat by Trenton (team he built)

He has taken a bunch of girls 2 years ago, molded them into a team, only 2 seniors on the team. They do not have a gym to practice in. They have to practice in a church gym every day. They have lost only 3 games this year, they are ranked 2nd in the state.

Oh mrbasketball-Thank you, thank you for your words of wisdom. Without these sound and prophetic words so eloquently typed in your post, what was I thinking!! Please forgive me and all of the other posters who have replied to this topic! ;) See, these topics are to generate conversation from fans and to allow freedom to do so. Oh, and thank you, thank you, for you letting us all know in March who the deserving coach will be. For this we are all eternally grateful! :P

Easily from this side of the state, it would be Heritage Coach Rick Howard. After the lost of Cait Mc, all he has done is lead the team to a 25-5 season. If losing Cait wasn't enough, the team has lost a post and wing for the year that saw alot of playing time, another post reserve and another reserve wing at the beginning of the year. With several injuries to key players that missed several games, they have had some bumps in the road. I am not sure why some of the players left but Coach seems to just adjust and move forward. This is a very young team now and I do not know how far they can get but, they won the district season title. That is not bad. As an observer of Blount County basketball, I tip my hat to Coach and his team. Congrats to Heritage and Coach Howard.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna have to go homer on ya'll here. If you look at losing Miss Basketball, 2005, plus another senior who made 70+ threes last year, that equates to about 35 points and 16 rebounds per game. Sure you have three starters back from the State Championship team but you replace the lost seniors with two sophomores. Granted, these aren't your average sophomores, but sophomores nonetheless. Your first sub off the bench is a freshman, at least since district play began, and you truly have only one post player with 11 guards. Currently you sit at 24-4 on the way to a 26-4 regular season in the toughest district in the state, 9 AAA, and have beaten both Smyrna and Wilson Central. My vote goes to Chris Fryer at Mt. Juliet for coach of the year. Thank you for your time and attention. :thumb:

wow can you imagine how good the coach that won that district race must be!!

*by the way your coach is an outstanding coach no doubt