powell 58 central 60b

PowellFan

Cruze is a quitter. He quit on his team the day before the district tournament. I'm glad he is playing ball at Holy Cross, but what he did is almost unforgivable. No matter how bad you hate your coach, how can you desert your teammates like that?

As for JD, he is a good man AND a good coach, and he made good adjustments during the game against Powell, including running a box and one on Chris Conner for most of the fourth quarter, which is when Central took control of the game. He also beat Powell without Ben Williamson playing. It did not help that Powell's tool bag of an assistant coach (Hawkins) got a technical foul either.

Why didn't Williamson play?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it is at Campbell County this year.

I've been wondering the same thing about the format.

Thanks HTV.

Wonder when the format will be announced? Someone at Powell this afternoon (when I called the school) said that the coaches haven't even determined the format yet, but that it would be voted on and announced very soon.

Guest knoxhoops

The deal with Kyle Cruze was the culmination of 2 years worth of problems. I agree it was handled poorly by Kyle BUT if you would talk to him and hear his side of the story you would without a doubt have a different opinion of Coach Blevins. If it was all about teaching/building character, why would he tell Kyle's younger brother at tryouts to not even bother? There is no question that he puts out a quality product but alot of his players hate him by the time they leave. Can you say EGO?

Like the saying goes: "No matter how flat the pancake, it still has two sides"!! Maybe the EGO wasn't with Kyle Cruze or Coach Blevins.