springfield at greenbrier feb 14 homecoming

crackerjack10

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't talk about Gb not wanting to schedule Springfield for anything when you guys will probably never step on the football field with us again after getting beat 3 out of 4 years. Springfield's got a great basketball team this year but they will probably underachieve in the post season like always. But good luck anyway.

Ive heard "HEARD" that gb is not going to be as good as the last 3 football teams they've had. Gb would beat sf but n ot by alot tho.Cause just like in bball Utley is good n football as well as bey n a few others.I would love to see them play. But itsa basketball post so basketball not football so............

Springfield would have been gb's football homecoming the last three years, don't tell me that if we had played those games would have been close that's a complete joke. I'm not even going to comment on the "whose school has more class discussion" (Springfield vs. Maplewood FB). Getting back to basketball that was a great win for the cats thursday night and congrats to springfield on their big tourney win.

Springfield would have been gb's football homecoming the last three years, don't tell me that if we had played those games would have been close that's a complete joke. I'm not even going to comment on the "whose school has more class discussion" (Springfield vs. Maplewood FB). Getting back to basketball that was a great win for the cats thursday night and congrats to springfield on their big tourney win.

I was a part of the yellow jackets team that was involved in the springfield and maplewood fight. So 56 you probably do not even know the whole story. the springfield player intercepted MW and went out of bounds on their sidelines and basically got jumped, and some players went to HELP there fellow teammate, and things then quickly got out of hand. This just a case of a FEW players getting put in a bad situation, dont want to here about classless because of this situation

Don't really care wasn't there so maybe I don't know... but I have had other things happen to me after games there like having students throw rocks at us while getting on the bus and a certain Springfield player breaking his hand by being stupid during a competition. I still like yall alot more than White House so don't feel I'm hating on ya too much.

Hmmm...let's see...maybe that's because the actual CLASSLESS people (Springfield people) thought it would be cute to celebrate in the center of GB's court... :thumb:

Whats so classless about that? Thats the same thing as the opposite team celebrating in the middle of a football field, you see that everywhere... You're not really making sense but anyways that game was so old why can't you get over it and leave the SPINGFIELD AT GREENBRIER FEB 14 post alone

Whats so classless about that? Thats the same thing as the opposite team celebrating in the middle of a football field, you see that everywhere... You're not really making sense but anyways that game was so old why can't you get over it and leave the SPINGFIELD AT GREENBRIER FEB 14 post alone

If you have to ask..... you're answering your own question and you don't understand class.

Did you happen to read in the paper a few weeks back when UT beat KY at Rupp and Coach Pearl instructed his players to not celebrate until they got into the locker room? This shows class for UT and respect for your opponent. I doubt there was a team in the country that night that had earned the right to celebrate that night more than UT but the didn't rush KYs floor and disrespect them. Vandy pretty much did the same thing after their victory over UK. Coaches with class expect the same from their teams.

Football......Basketball.......Football.......Basketball.......They are two different sports. In every football game at any level, the two teams flood onto the field after the game (one celebrating, one dissappointed) to shake hands with the other team. The winning team may jump up and down and celebrate when the buzzer sounds, but they don't continue to do it once they meet up with the other team at mid-field. Also, that celebration isn't some little "huddled up circle dance" done by the cheerleaders and fans like SF did. In football everybody ends up in the middle of the field, in basketball they walk along the sideline in front of the scorers table to shake hands after the game, there is a difference.......Football.......Basketball........Football......Basketball......

Does any of that make sense??? :thumb:

If you have to ask..... you're answering your own question and you don't understand class.

Did you happen to read in the paper a few weeks back when UT beat KY at Rupp and Coach Pearl instructed his players to not celebrate until they got into the locker room? This shows class for UT and respect for your opponent. I doubt there was a team in the country that night that had earned the right to celebrate that night more than UT but the didn't rush KYs floor and disrespect them. Vandy pretty much did the same thing after their victory over UK. Coaches with class expect the same from their teams.

No, I know exactly what class is...it sure isn't throwing bottles at students on YOUR homecourt, while they TRY to celebrate in the middle of the court. Notice i said try because after Coach Darden realized what the students where getting ready to do, he stopped them so don't talk to me about class, MY FRIEND. :thumb:

No, I know exactly what class is...it sure isn't throwing bottles at students on YOUR homecourt, while they TRY to celebrate in the middle of the court. Notice i said try because after Coach Darden realized what the students where getting ready to do, he stopped them so don't talk to me about class, MY FRIEND. :lol:

You're still missing the point. The students shouldn't have been there in the first place. Chances are, if they weren't there, they wouldn't have had anything thrown at them.