Dobyns-Bennett's "lofty outlook"

DBGRAD70

Bill Lane's recap of the 70-37 Dobyns Bennett win over Sullivan East last night basically said that the "team has a lofty outlook". That being because of the additions of 6-foot-8 sophomore Bronson Flack and 6-5 freshman Jordan Edwards. The team really needs some height and it may now have it. Especially if these guys grow :) as much as the article says they are expected to. And with Flack scoring 15 points there is obvious talent.

So what do you think about these team changes and the future for Dobyns Bennett basketball for the rest of the year as well as the next couple of years? What are the chances to beat Sullivan South and Science Hill?

Bill Lane's recap of the 70-37 Dobyns Bennett win over Sullivan East last night basically said that the "team has a lofty outlook". That being because of the additions of 6-foot-8 sophomore Bronson Flack and 6-5 freshman Jordan Edwards. The team really needs some height and it may now have it. Especially if these guys grow :unsure: as much as the article says they are expected to. And with Flack scoring 15 points there is obvious talent.

So what do you think about these team changes and the future for Dobyns Bennett basketball for the rest of the year as well as the next couple of years? What are the chances to beat Sullivan South and Science Hill?

You might be able to take down South but i dont think that there is much of a chance for you guys to beat Science Hill. They are just on a different level than any one else in the conference especially when they are playing good.

Edwards is gonna be real good. Flack is just tall, and I don't think he has any talent.

I agree Flack is not very good. I have actually played in a pick up game with him before and he is very unathletic. He is 6 foot 9 and cant even dunk the ball. Every other team in the conference has somebody who can dunk it so i dont know why some goofy six foot nine kid who cant is considered good.

You might be able to take down South but i dont think that there is much of a chance for you guys to beat Science Hill. They are just on a different level than any one else in the conference especially when they are playing good.

You're probably right. And Dobyns Bennett will definitely be the huge underdog Tuesday night. But Sullivan South did beat Science Hill in December. Just goes to show that on any particular day, especially in basketball, anything can happen. If DB plays like they did 2nd half against South, SH will have a good fight on their hands.

I agree Flack is not very good. I have actually played in a pick up game with him before and he is very unathletic. He is 6 foot 9 and cant even dunk the ball. Every other team in the conference has somebody who can dunk it so i dont know why some goofy six foot nine kid who cant is considered good.

I agree that Flack is not as great as that article made him out to be but guess what? He is out there playing and you are stuck with pick up games. Don't hate on him cause he is playing on Friday nights and you are stuck in the student section.

Edited by brock20

I think some people on here are not reading at the high school level. All Flack said in the interview was "Ever sinse I was 4 years old I've wanted to play pro ball". So tell me, what young high school basketball player does not dream of playing pro ball? Especially the 6'8"-7' players. Flack is just a soph. and still has two years to develope. And as most coaches have figured out by now, not all players develope at any set scale. So lets just wait and see how good Flack is when he becomes a Sr. Oh, and by the way, Flack has a pretty good soft touch shot. That takes some talent. All you have to do to dunk is jump high.

I don't think DB is playing at Science Hills level this year, to much inexperence. Next year the Indians should be one of the better teams in East Tn. at least.