Returnees in Region2 - 3A

Bravey

Best I can determine, LA is returning 6 starters on defense and 4 on offense. We had very few blowouts last year, so the reserves didn't get much PT. IMO we will have a very hard time making the playoffs! But look what happened last year! Fulton with Rogan and Hamilton will be tough but it would not surprise me to see Harrison Smith do for Catholic what Cates did for LA--- carry them to the title!! The team from this region still standing after round 3 will win state----AGAIN!!!

OldCatFan .. i was very impressed with how hard LA played ..I went to the Fulton/LA game ..it was very close game .. Cates was outstanding although we kept a bit under control ..I was most impressed with the DB's for LA ..some of the best tacklers I have seen in high school in open field ... very tough mentally i could tell ... Fulton and AE depend on athletes and them making plays ...LA is very diciplined and in the end it won out this year .... I think if Fulton had not had that last second pass completed against Catholic that they might have went all the way ....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OldCatFan .. i was very impressed with how hard LA played ..I went to the Fulton/LA game ..it was very close game .. Cates was outstanding although we kept a bit under control ..I was most impressed with the DB's for LA ..some of the best tacklers I have seen in high school in open field ... very tough mentally i could tell ... Fulton and AE depend on athletes and them making plays ...LA is very diciplined and in the end it won out this year .... I think if Fulton had not had that last second pass completed against Catholic that they might have went all the way ....

I started following these guys in the 2003 season and could tell right away they had something special. If they had played in this region (and survived), they would have been better prepared and could have possibly won state in 2004 also. Yes our DB's were awesome. Unfortunately, we lose a couple of them--Cates and Peterman. Cates would absolutely knock your butt off and Peterman was very solid also. The interception he made at AE to seal the win in round 2 was beautiful. We had a couple of other guys who played well also at DB. Stevens and Looper looked good in playoffs! This was a very special team and they made all of Livingston proud!

Edited by OldCatFan

I started following these guys in the 2003 season and could tell right away they had something special. If they had played in this region (and survived), they would have been better prepared and could have possibly won state in 2004 also. Yes our DB's were awesome. Unfortunately, we lose a couple of them--Cates and Peterman. Cates would absolutely knock your butt off and Peterman was very solid also. The interception he made at AE to seal the win in round 2 was beautiful. We had a couple of other guys who played well also at DB. Stevens and Looper looked good in playoffs! This was a very special team and they made all of Livingston proud!

I can see why ..they would be a fun group to follow ... bunch of hardnosed kids that play both ways and give it their all .I know them and Smith Co had some good

games ..both teams hard nosed .. I was at Fulton / Smith Co game in 2004 .. Smith hung tough 1st half but Fultons atheletes took over in 2nd half ... dont get me wrong Fulton has some real tough guys ... tough neiborhoods around there ... you have to learn to fight or be whipped ... I grew up in that area and went to Fulton ... good kids though ... it will be interesting what LA, Fulton,AE and Catholic bring to the table .. I know Fulton again has excelent skill players and return 8 of 11 starters on Defense .... OL is the key ..if they get some holes for D. Rogan watch out the kid can fly and is tough ....... looking forward again to HS football ..

This area loaded with good teams that compete in their class .... 2A Alcoa(2004 and 2005) state champs just 15 mins from Knoxville nuf said, 3A Fulton (2003 and 2004 ) State Champs,3A AE 2001 (State Champ) , 4A Central (If they could get by Maryville would play in clinic bowl ..good teams have close games with Maryville just cant get them), 4A Maryville numerous State Champs, 5A Oak Ridge ( Finally got by Riverdale) .. Past history of State Champs .... so there is alot of good teams arounf Knoxville within 20 - 30 mins ......... what other area can say that in the State ..if anybody knows let me know .. I would like to know !!

This area loaded with good teams that compete in their class .... 2A Alcoa(2004 and 2005) state champs just 15 mins from Knoxville nuf said, 3A Fulton (2003 and 2004 ) State Champs,3A AE 2001 (State Champ) , 4A Central (If they could get by Maryville would play in clinic bowl ..good teams have close games with Maryville just cant get them), 4A Maryville numerous State Champs, 5A Oak Ridge ( Finally got by Riverdale) .. Past history of State Champs .... so there is alot of good teams arounf Knoxville within 20 - 30 mins ......... what other area can say that in the State ..if anybody knows let me know .. I would like to know !!

Memphis is the only compotetion.

How does everyone think this region will shake out this season.

Hard to tell ..I think its gonna be a dogfight again .... I can see AE, Fulton, Catholic, AC and LA being competitive ..... I would sy each teams has some looses that they people to step up at ... I dont know about other teams but Fulton needs OL .. they have everything else .. what does these other teams return ???