WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE

82cat

Antoher thread got me to thinking about how things are in sports and how they are headed.

Things I would like to see

1. Players helping other players up after they knock them down with a big hit instead of standing over them and thumping your chest. There is nothing quite as satisfying as offering a hand try it some time, however it does not leave time to get attention for yourself

2. A player saying you are wrong mr ref/ump I dropped the ball it was not a catch

( would the official change his call? I have always wondered )

3. Umps call the actuall strike zone. below the knees 2 inches off the plate is not a strike and is virtually un hittable. maddox and glavine have not only made a living at it but now the umps all the way down to youth league recognize it as a strike. In the pitchers favor a pitch at the letters is supposed to be a strike.

4. basketball officials call palming the ball which is for the uninformed any dribbling move that resembles carrying a pizza (see allen iverson)

5. Umps requiring the player to actually touch second on a double play

6. Players having to raise their hand so the scorer can identify them after a foul

7. Football officials especially hs not call inteference if a defensive player is anywhere close to a receiver especially if it has no effect on catching the ball

8. let the ground cause a fumble this would eliminate 90% of all replay reviews

if you fumble before it is blown dead tough luck

9. girls basketball officials allow girls to block shots inside, they will call a foul nearly every time no matter how clean the block

10. in college and especially pros increase the penalty for blocking in the back on punts and kickoffs to 30 yards with no half distance, if you return it less than 30yrds it goes back to the one yard line. I am sick of every punt and kickoff being called back this would make sure coaches and players stop doing it every time.

11. An end to players that thump their chest and say look at me after a 4 yrd gain or a tackle after a 5 yrd gain by the other team. Nothing like watching a player show off while trailing by 30 after a 6 yrd catch

12. any team (especially playing a hs team that has to play with the players they have) leading by over a 100 points with a player still on the floor with over a 100 points should take a long look in the mirror because all they have proved is they have a player that is good at shooting lay ups and the coach who as a man knows how to humiliate teenage girls. d1 college or pros go for it hs - no way

Im a dinosaur

let me know your thoughts am I wrong?

82cat,

You are old school and i agree with most of what you said, but It ain't gonna happen. You should feel better none the less. I liked to watch Reggie White play. After he pancaked some O-Tackle and sacked the QB he would help him up and say God bless you. Barry Sanders was a favorite of mine as well. Would always score a TD and turn around and hand the football to the ref and trot back over to the sideline never drawing attention to himself.

mick jager wear sleaves on his shirt if he is going to hold his arms up over his head -- can you say flabby skin! it wasn't pretty.

play the super bowl the week after the playoffs at one of the teams home stadiums

start the pre game show 30 minutes before kickoff

make the game the center piece

I would like to add

1) officials please call the jump stop a walk- it is and always has been according to the rules. I hate seeing this, now you even have players do a jump stop-head fake, take a step and shoot the ball- walk, walk, walk, walk.

2) Add a shot clock to high school basketball.

3) Get hot, young women to do Super Bowl halftime show- not raggedy, old men.

Guest catfish-hunter

The perfect world of football would be T.O. less and Chad Johnson less.

Keyshawn, Joe Horn, and Randy Moss can also be added to that list. Steve Smith isn't far from the list either after the way he acted on the sidelines during the NFC Championship game at Seattle. You just don't show up teammates and coaches in public like that.

Why can't every receiver be like Hines Ward, Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, or Rod Smith???? There are four guys who put up great numbers as well as do all of the little things right to be successful.

• 2 weeks later...

Make excesive celebrating more strict after a TD. I'm sick of seeing these WR doing diff. dances every time they score! I definately agree with u catfish. I believe Reggie White and Barry Sanders are two of the best and most respectful players in the recent years of the NFL.

Edited by Patsfan46

I would like to see less media in pro and college players lives. I believe that all players should be able to express themselves on and off the field. I wish old school people would see that times change and that not all things from the old days are good it is what they are use to. Let todays players define the game as we defined our game many years ago. If you don't like the officials become one. That is one field that is wide open for employment. I know I may get ripped but that is what I wish.