11-AAA Freshmen Basketball Tournament

BigPoppa

Yeah Ensworth was late to the game(maybe thats why the officials blew ensworth for so many fouls,lol)............and the big three could never really get going. I think jefferson had 3 fouls by half time. Pope fouled out. And Miles had 4 fouls by the end of the game. A lot of the fouls came trying to get rebounds from Maplewoods big guys. Too much size. Maplewood does a good job of closing out shooters in the 2-3 zone. The zone also kept Ensworth from penetrating and shredding the defense. Are there any two guards quicker than Miles and Tavares. Cantrell set the tone. I think he scored maplewood's first 6 points. He came out very aggressive. Than Ensworth figured out he was only going to his right.

Edited by cobrafan90

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Ensworth was late to the game(maybe thats why the officials blew ensworth for so many fouls,lol)............and the big three could never really get going. I think jefferson had 3 fouls by half time. Pope fouled out. And Miles had 4 fouls by the end of the game. A lot of the fouls came trying to get rebounds from Maplewoods big guys. Too much size. Maplewood does a good job of closing out shooters in the 2-3 zone. The zone also kept Ensworth from penetrating and shredding the defense. Are there any two guards quicker than Miles and Tavares. Cantrell set the tone. I think he scored maplewood's first 6 points. He came out very aggressive. Than Ensworth figured out he was only going to his right.

Yes, his name is BJ Johnson and he really is 6'4", he is a great rebounder. He is still a work in progress and got by on size and strength at the Freshmen level. He has a long way to go with his shooting touch outside of 5 feet from the basket though.

He did play in the JV game vs. Centennial last Monday and dominated play there, had over 20 points and 10 boards. BJ along with fellow freshmen 6'4" Jordan Lindsey are both dressing with the varsity for the District 11-AAA tournament.