favorite in A this season

competitive fire

Their enrollment was low enough that they still did not meet the AA tier WITH the multiplier applied. They didn't move up in football either. It goes to show how small the enrollment at FCS really is.

As a USJ fan that saw FCS play first hand last year, they should be considered a favorite this year in single A along with Jackson Christian School.

Edited by Old Timer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just outta curiousity, who does JCS have besides Fowler... I know he is a decent pitcher but one decent pitcher isn't enough. I'm not sayin he isn't any good, but Adamsville roped him last year... And they weren't a great hittin squad...

Will McDonald, Brian Melton.....Another lefty, Greg Wood is good also. JCS will be tough.

region 2 is always tough. look for Harriman or Rockwood to make a good run towards state.

SPEAKING OF ROCKWOOD, THEY ARE GOING 2 BE TOUGH THIS YEAR A PROB THE NEX 2 OR 3 TO COME. THEY GOT THE OFF BACK, CAUSE THERE TWO BEST HITTERS LAST YEAR WERE FRESHMAN AND THEY BOTH ENDED THE SEASON WITH LIKE 7 OR 8 HOME RUNS. THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT HURT THEM IS THEY HAVE A SOPHMORE PIC STAFF BUT THAT WILL ONLY HELP IN THE LONG RUN. AND ONE SOP CAN HIT THE 80 MARK AND HAS GOOD CONTROL . SO YOU BETTER WATCH OUT 4 THESE BOYS

region 2 is always tough. look for Harriman or Rockwood to make a good run towards state.

SPEAKING OF ROCKWOOD, THEY ARE GOING 2 BE TOUGH THIS YEAR A PROB THE NEX 2 OR 3 TO COME. THEY GOT THE OFF BACK, CAUSE THERE TWO BEST HITTERS LAST YEAR WERE FRESHMAN AND THEY BOTH ENDED THE SEASON WITH LIKE 7 OR 8 HOME RUNS. THE ONLY THING THAT MIGHT HURT THEM IS THEY HAVE A SOPHMORE PIC STAFF BUT THAT WILL ONLY HELP IN THE LONG RUN. AND ONE SOP CAN HIT THE 80 MARK AND HAS GOOD CONTROL . SO YOU BETTER WATCH OUT 4 THESE BOYS

• 3 weeks later...

With the new district changes at hand Adamsville and Jackson Christian are now able to walk out of district 15A much easier.

Fayette Academy and University School of Jackson are both gone so look for a team that you might not have seen in awhile showing up at the Spring Fling '06...

Riverside also drops down to single a so they could show up come tournament time...

I agree. I believe that alot of things are goin to change considerin these changes that have been done this year. But I think that it's all goin to be good for 15a this year. Good luck to all the teams.

With the new district changes at hand Adamsville and Jackson Christian are now able to walk out of district 15A much easier.

Fayette Academy and University School of Jackson are both gone so look for a team that you might not have seen in awhile showing up at the Spring Fling '06...

Riverside also drops down to single a so they could show up come tournament time...

True. I think it will be a shootout for first between JCS and Adamsville. They are both talented teams. Adamsville may be a little younger considering that they only have 1 senior but he has 10 juniors to back him up. we'll just have to wait and see how things play out. Goodluck to all teams this year.

How will Friendship be this year? Who is going to replace Sweeney's pitching? Who will replace Sweeney at third and the plate? Who will step up to replace Wheeler and Gaines behind the plate and in center and in the lineup?

pitching will be a lot deeper with sledge, ray, as 1&2 with williams and sircy and then there are 2 transfers that are trying for a pitching spot in pryor and mixson...in center alsup was there yesterday in a scrimmage against hendersonville ( when i left in the top of the last inning fcs was leading 4-2 ) so i think overall they should be as good as last year. ;)