Class AAA Mr. Basketball

gomab2

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if riverdale can get it together, yall dang well better be scared of them...returning all of the top contributers, having some superstar freshman in for back-ups, WHOA. it should be a 2 horse race between oakland and riverdale, (considering what siegel loses) but thats IF riverdale can get it together, which i believe they will.

i apologize for getting us more off track than this thread was before, but seen others talking about oakland domination and wanted to kindly remind them of the "dark horse" i guess. plus we can NEVER get people from around the state to come in our 7AAA threads (we are pretty rough) so i just wanted to let the whole state know, RIVERDALE in 2006-2007

back to the thread, GO JIMMY, holdin it down for 7AAA. i know alot of our 7AAA fans seem to have a personal vendetta against jimmy for one reason or another, but i would be ashamed for someone to root for one theyve possibly never seen than to not root for one of their own (in their district)

In a heated AAA Mr. Basketball race, I have to go with:

-Jeremy Williams, Hamilton

-Barry Stewart, Shelbyville

-Maurice Miller, Raleigh Egypt

Williams is a High Major player, and the best player on the State's best team. Though he shares stats with Watkins, Hunter, Strong, and Gilchrist, among others, Williams is a no-brainer for one finalist spot...

Stewart is also a no-brainer selection for me. He is a 23 ppg scorer on a team that has yet to lose to a TN team, currently at 24-2, and ranked as the #1 team in Middle TN. He also steps up in the biggest games, including 28 in a huge win over <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, and 41 over perrennial district champ Columbia. Twilley will take some votes too, but it is amazing what those two have done on a team with only two legitimate scoring threats...

The third spot was a lot tougher. I had to go with Mo Miller, as he is a Willie Kemp-type presence on a team that is 24-1 and also has not lost in TN. Mo doesn't score alot, but for him to have this team arguably better than last year, after losing 4 key seniors (including UAB wing Lawrence Kinnard), Mo gets my nod for the third spot...

Close:

DeQuan Twilley just misses out here, mainly because it is nearly impossible for teammates to be selected (see last year with Richard and Reginald Delk)... Twilley is having a phenominal year as well. For more, see the rest of Stewart's paragraph...

Jimmy Oden is also on the short list of possible finalists, with great numbers on a great team. But a crushing loss to LaVergne puts him a step behind Twilley. Nonetheless, Oden is having a great year and warrants serious consideration...

I really don't see any other serious candidates in Class AAA. There are many other great players, but right now it's a 5 horse race

I thought Brentwood Acad. was number 1 in the Mid State????

Edited by WarriorMom

Thanks GoMab for the heads up on Moe Miller.

His candidacy shouldn't be based upon his scoring average of 15.4 ppg. but rather his many contributions and his leadership at the point for a 24-1 Raleigh Egypt team which features four starters with double figure scoring averages.

On several occasions this season Moe has scored over twenty points in a game, and has had two thirty plus nights. He has had a TRIPLE double in eleven games so far, and is averaging 12 assists per game with a 1.75 turnover rate. He simply does whatever it takes for the Pharaohs to win. He was named to the five man ALL-Tournament team at the prestigious Slam Dunk on the Beach tournament which featured thirty-two of the top teams in the country. He is ranked among the top junior point guards in the country and has been invited to the NIKE All-America Camp this summer featuring the top 120 players in the nation. At 6'3" and 190lbs. and sporting a 4.5 GPA (takes honor courses), he has offers from over twenty major division I programs already and that list will surely grow over the summer. He definitely does deserve consideration for the honor of AAA Mr. Basketball.

By the way Oakland fans, Ral-Egypt only has two seniors on this year's team and the other 13 will be back.