Georgia State Brackets

RMC

If you'd like to see the Georgia State Championship Brackets for all 5 divisions they're online at: www.matstats.com

And if I may brag.....Collins Hill qualified all 14 wrestlers by placing all 14 in the finals of the region 7 AAAAA. This is the 3rd year in a row we've put all 14 in the state tournament, but the first time all have reached the finals at the region tournament.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'd like to see the Georgia State Championship Brackets for all 5 divisions they're online at: www.matstats.com

And if I may brag.....Collins Hill qualified all 14 wrestlers by placing all 14 in the finals of the region 7 AAAAA. This is the 3rd year in a row we've put all 14 in the state tournament, but the first time all have reached the finals at the region tournament.

Most impressive though I am not surprised. Good luck with Parkview and McEachern.

Most impressive though I am not surprised. Good luck with Parkview and McEachern.

Thanks, they'll both be tough. The formulas for the brackets were not very kind to Parkview.

Like I said before, if anyone comes down to the tournament...look me up. I'll be on the head table somewhere. I really enjoy meeting people from this board. So far...all good guys.....well....except for Sommers.....he's different!

Maybe Harry T. and those guys can have a road trip down.

I really enjoy meeting people from this board. So far...all good guys.....well....except for Sommers.....he's different!

Different from what/whom? :thumb: 30 years ago? :lol: Was I more similar to folks back then? You can't forget Dallas, Harvey Martin, Too Tall Jones, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, D.D., Randy White, Roger the Dodger & crew. Of Course Tom Landry!!!!!!!! roaring down the halls. After they canned Landry, I've only followed the 49ers some, but wrestling has taken a front seat since the 90's. Surprised? :(

I know, I'm still just as crazy. You can tell your wife, if you haven't already.

Congrats on your CH Eagles and what I'm hearing about the chip off the 'ol block. He may be beating dad's old records. What's his stats so far this season?

Edited by Sommers

Congrats on your CH Eagles and what I'm hearing about the chip off the 'ol block. He may be beating dad's old records. What's his stats so far this season?

He's hanging in there and winning a few; Kenny is at 29 - 3, with 25 pins so far this year...but it's a whole different ball game next year.

RMC

How do they seed the tournament? Makes no sense to me.

ALSO - Where is Garrison Goins from Ringgold? Is he still out w/ appendix?

It doesn't really make sense to anyone. It's technically not seeded, but placed in the bracket through a key provided by GHSA.

Check out the bottom half of the 103 and 145 AAAAA brackets.

Goins is in the AAAA 125 bracket.

Edited by RMC

RMC

I see Hop is on the same side as Condon. Who'll win that one?

Also where is Carr?

I'll have to plead the 5th on Hop and Condon.

Carr.....152 AAAA...5 kid down. Arturo Holmes Jr. 135 AA....5 kid down. Matthew Edmondson 189 AA....5th kid down

Edited by RMC

How has that 103 Carson Fields(parkview) done this year? It says that he is seeded 7th in the brackets, or do they not seed at the tourney. He is really good pinning everyone he wrestles in the 1st period including Francis(#2 division 103) in the second period at the McCallie Tournament.

Don't read anything into the bracket position it's by region finish and not a true seeding. He is very good, but he'll have his hands full. I think 7 of the top 8 103's are on his side of the bracket.