Area Tournament Who's the favorite

icecold06

Well good coach or not Central will not be playing against Blackman for the championship, Lavergne will. I think LaVergne is playing the best they have played all year but I dont think they match up well with Blackman. I fBlackman comes to play with their A game it will be over by halftime., but if Blackman plays the way they played last night It will go down to the wire

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is Blackman is loaded just like Central was last yr. Everybody keeps talking about good and bad coaches as far as I can see Rutherford Co looks good as far as good coaches. And as far as couey he has won yr in and yr out with a bad yr here and there. this central team is not loaded or has a ton of talent they started 2 7th graders last night. Gooch is the only player they have and they still are winning. Not the kind of winning that we are all us to in the county but they did beat everybody in the county. I do believe there is only one other team that can say that and that is blackman.

HUH, Something to think about.............

I don't think any coach enters the buisness hoping that they just can win on talent. We all understand it takes intelligence to play and coach basketball. However, because a kid or a team struggles with dribbling, breaking a press or don't box out well doesn't mean they are poorly coached. Some schools don't have the athletes that others do nor do they have the athletes year to year that others do. You have to consider the practice time that these coaches are given as well.

Here is an example. Keith Short, a great high school coach. A legend in White County. Two time state runner up. Really turned Riverdale girls team around years ago before it was handed over to Coach Burke. He went to Buchannon and coached elementary where he will retire after this year. They averaged 1-2 wins a season. Does that make him a poor coach because the kids he caoches do not get out and work on their indivdual game? Does this mean he does a poor job at teaching fundamentals? What you stated makes it sound like that if you see a team as I described that labels him as a poor coach.

Individual work ethic and how much investment parents (money, camps, teaching their children work ethic) put into their kids has as much to do with it as a coach does. Middle school coaches probably have them for 2 hours a day and then when season starts practice time is cut in half. They can't change a kid completely over that period of time. They can only control what goes on in practice. They can't control what these kids decide to do outside of practice as well.

I respect your opinion but what you see on the court does not always mean they are poor coaches.

Edited by warrior123

I don't think any coach enters the buisness hoping that they just can win on talent. We all understand it takes intelligence to play and coach basketball. However, because a kid or a team struggles with dribbling, breaking a press or don't box out well doesn't mean they are poorly coached. Some schools don't have the athletes that others do nor do they have the athletes year to year that others do. You have to consider the practice time that these coaches are given as well.

Here is an example. Keith Short, a great high school coach. A legend in White County. Two time state runner up. Really turned Riverdale girls team around years ago before it was handed over to Coach Burke. He went to Buchannon and coached elementary where he will retire after this year. They averaged 1-2 wins a season. Does that make him a poor coach because the kids he caoches do not get out and work on their indivdual game? Does this mean he does a poor job at teaching fundamentals? What you stated makes it sound like that if you see a team as I described that labels him as a poor coach.

Individual work ethic and how much investment parents (money, camps, teaching their children work ethic) put into their kids has as much to do with it as a coach does. Middle school coaches probably have them for 2 hours a day and then when season starts practice time is cut in half. They can't change a kid completely over that period of time. They can only control what goes on in practice. They can't control what these kids decide to do outside of practice as well.

I respect your opinion but what you see on the court does not always mean they are poor coaches.

Well said Warrior123. People make a good habit of jumping on and off band wagons quickly. But well stated

We'll agree to disagree, I think there are certain things we agree on but I think when it comes to your definition on what makes for poor coaching, our opinions slightly differ .

So what makes a team undiscipline?? I have seen that on several posts and I guess now I'm a little confused what does being undisciplined consists of?? :P

Edited by jazzypha24mom

Well good coach or not Central will not be playing against Blackman for the championship, Lavergne will. I think LaVergne is playing the best they have played all year but I dont think they match up well with Blackman. I fBlackman comes to play with their A game it will be over by halftime., but if Blackman plays the way they played last night It will go down to the wire

You don't think Blackman played well last night?? I thought there were times that substitution came into play, and Siegel was able to make runs. But overall they played strong. You are right LMS doesn't match up well with BMS especially the inside game. This is the first year of organized bball for the three guys that play post for LMS, and unfortunately their inexperience will probably show up tonight. I think they did very last night coming up with some key rebounds at the end of the game last night. I talked with some of the guys after the game, they say they are ready for Blackman tonight.

We will see!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jazzypha24mom

You don't think Blackman played well last night?? I thought there were times that substitution came into play, and Siegel was able to make runs. But overall they played strong. You are right LMS doesn't match up well with BMS especially the inside game. This is the first year of organized bball for the three guys that play post for LMS, and unfortunately their inexperience will probably show up tonight. I think they did very last night coming up with some key rebounds at the end of the game last night. I talked with some of the guys after the game, they say they are ready for Blackman tonight.

We will see!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha I am sure they are ready, but how will they react IF they get down early like they did the first three games. I think Blackman is fired up they seem to overlook Siegel once they got up I dont think they will make that same mistake tonight

Ha I am sure they are ready, but how will they react IF they get down early like they did the first three games. I think Blackman is fired up they seem to overlook Siegel once they got up I dont think they will make that same mistake tonight

Hey, you got to say you're ready even if you're not!! Tonight will be totally mental for LMS. The first three games when they got down, frustration set in and they got totally out of their game. Hopefully, tonight if Blackman goes on a big run they will remain poise and play thru it. I know the talent for Whittorne & Central are not as good as Blackman, but in both games LMS got down big and was able to come back for a victory!!!

GO HAWKS and LADY HAWKS...............it's a LMS FINAL!!!

The sectionals are being held at Blackman, correct?? Does anyone know if the schedules are out?

I have been impressed with the way LaVergne has handled adversity this week that says a lot about the character of that team granted I dont think they can beat Blackman but if there were no Blackman I would cheer for laVergne.

I think the sectional schedules will be out probably tomorrow since they start on Monday