Caleb Leanord, Halls(Fr)

Goodman-Powell

275- Vandergriff- Hall

Cantwell- Mar

Cate, SD

Lazarus, FHS

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

How could Reviez get it.

He's only the returing undefeated STATE CHAMP. ;) He's only pinned everyone in the Region in first round. :thumb: He's only had three young men make it the entire match against him.

Yeah he dosn't deserve it! :P

Not enough going for him.

Now please give me Scandlyn credentials!

Good kid but he's not in Nicks league.

I guess if the had an award for the outstanding distroyer than Reviez would have a chance for an award.

Big John wasn't Chop liver!

The 103 from GB had a great tourney!

I really didn't understand the OW award but the coaches vote so they made the call.

I guess the are tired of Reviez pining all there kids in the first round.

Ok, you know I couldn't let this go! OW has nothing to do with "credentials". Nobody is questioning Nicks credentials and I personally think he is an outstanding wrestler, but unfortunantly, we don't get to see much of his wrestling skills. What we see is him overpowering people with a half from the base and thigh lift. Effective? Yes! Outstanding wrestling, no.

Regarding the "Good kid but he's not in Nicks league" statement, how could you make that comparison between a 215 and 152? I take Scandlyns wrestling skills over Nicks any day. That's not a slame on Nick, just an observation of when I've had the opportunity to watch him wrestle. Which, I'll admit, hasn't been much this year.

I understand your frustration, as I do probably many others, like Nic Sheilds, Sluder, etc, but as you are well aware, OW is and always will be very subjective. Everyone thinks their "guy" should get it.

As for me, I'm tickled to death that Scandlyn got OW. Your right, he's a great kid and has worked his butt off to prove that Joslin isn't the only skilled wrestler on Kingston's team.

One last comment to address. The one making reference to my middle weight studs carrying my team to a 3rd place finish. I'm very blessed with a group (small as they maybe) that will run through a brick wall if their asked to. Each kid on my team, varsity or jv, can take pride in knowing that each one of them had a part in our improvement from 12th last year to 3rd this year. They pound on each other daily to make each other better. This group is the most unselfish group that I've ever had. They understand the concept of team and that showed with some of the sacrifices made in my line-up for regions. If it weren't for those sacrifices and the effort by all, we would have ended up 5th or 6th as a team.

Good luck to all at State!

Ok, you know I couldn't let this go! OW has nothing to do with "credentials". Nobody is questioning Nicks credentials and I personally think he is an outstanding wrestler, but unfortunantly, we don't get to see much of his wrestling skills. What we see is him overpowering people with a half from the base and thigh lift. Effective? Yes! Outstanding wrestling, no.

All good points :thumb:

It's like Nick R is being punished for being that much stronger and better than his comp.

He will have to wrestle at state because there is at least 5 kids that can beat him if he dosn't.

Congrats of your young men and how they performed at Region. I had you in the top 5 and with a few seed changes we might have been on your tail but hay I know it didn't hurt your feelings. :huh:

See you at State.

I would have like to see your 119 against ours it would be a good match.

Quote from Masterblaster ( A Farragut supporter?)

( Maryville-Young and the new king. Lets see if they can beat 7 straight years.

Seymour -great feeder program paying off, force in years to come.

Kingston Thank god all the middle weight studs are not freshmen.

WB

Farragut - we need to drop back and punt.

This post has been edited by MasterBlaster 1: Feb 11 2006 - 09:52 PM )

Just a thought - but instead of "punting", that last team on your list might want to think about getting a feeder program going. Not much talent coming up in the next few years from the looks of it. Nothing left from the program of the late 90's period that helped win those six straight in high school. They've all graduated.

As this year showed, two or three good kids do not make a team. It usually shows up first in duals, but eventually it catches up even in tournaments. In fact, it even makes it hard to develop your good ones to the max when they have so little practice-room competition because there are so few really solid team members to practice with. As an old hand at the sport once said, "Champions usually come in pairs". Those pairs have to be in the practice room together to push each other to get better.

Pretty big drop off, from six straight Region Championships to fifth. Seems it might have some correlation to the weakness of the feeder program?

Haven't seen any of their kids at the Middle School Season matches for the last 3 months.

Based on the work Rusty McCroskey has done for the last 10 years at Seymour, I'd put money on them pulling out a Region 2 Championship some time in the next 2-3 years.

Good luck to all at State.

Edited by fhsd

Just a thought - but instead of "punting", that last team on your list might want to think about getting a feeder program going. Not much talent coming up in the next few years from the looks of it. Nothing left from the program of the late 90's period that helped win those six straight in high school. They've all graduated.

As this year showed, two or three good kids do not make a team.

We had six place in the region. I would say we have more than 3 when they wrestle their best. Unless U want to blame the performance of the 119 on his old AAU coach :huh:

Pretty big drop off, from six straight Region Championships to fifth. Seems it might have some correlation to the weakness of the feeder program?

Haven't seen any of their kids at the Middle School Season matches for the last 3 months.

Based on the work Rusty McCroskey has done for the last 10 years at Seymour, I'd put money on them pulling out a Region 2 Championship some time in the next 2-3 years.

Good luck to all at State.

Strong points and can't debate any of this except the 3 good kids. You don't want to name them do U? :thumb:

Yeah, I think we have been depending on the Pilot program and talent moving in. IMO-that talent pool will be going to CAK in the future because of the overcrowding

problems at Farragut.

Also, we have a disadvantage of not having a coach in the school looking for talent.

When I said punt. I had the feeder program in mind.

I think we will be in the hunt again next year because at some weights we will be able to reload.

We have some great JV kids in our heavier wgts and some good freshmen who will be able to compete nect year. Our 119/125 will be strong middle weights by the time they are seniors but we will have to find kids to fill those weights next year.