Pearl-Cohn Coaching Search

Guest catfish-hunter

The Open-Zoning should help them be successful along with possibly the best Midstate QB returning in D Mason . A Magnet School with an open enrollment opportunity sound a little contradictory to me.

Good luck to the Birds

mason is the best quarterback in the midstate and pearl has a great group of receivers returning but they need to find somebody to replace b council if they wanna win the region

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Fitzgerald did win, although, did he have more winning seasons than losing?

I dont know. 2 state Champ trophies does carry water however, even though both of those teams were absolutely loaded with D1, even NFL talent.

I have also noticed that anyone you personally know, you believe to be a great coach, no matter the actual truth.

your a hater mogul cuz everytime catfish has named someone on this thread you say that the person is not the right guy for this job and now that the new coach has been found you think that catfish likes him because its his buddy who used to coach at cheatham and even worse you say that coach fitz only won because his teams were loaded well i would like to see how you woulda done at pearl

Since the '96 season (the first state title) I only know of one season that Pearl-Cohn missed the playoffs (2004: the year that the ineligable players incident occurred). I know that 2 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS are hard to come by regardless of who was on the field for PC those two seasons. Hillsboro had loaded teams from 2000-2003 & in 2005 and they only came away with 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Aydelott is considered by many to be a great coach (the best around the midstate by some). In '00 the Burros lost in the semifinals to Melrose, in '01 & '02 they lost to Maryville in the title game, in '03 they won it all by beating Morristown West in the title game (luckily for them Morristown West upset Maryville in the state semifinals), and this past year they lost to Melrose in the semifinals.

How are the people I mentioned not great coaches?????

Tharp started out with a cow pasture at Sycamore and built it into one of the Top Ten 3A programs in the state by the time he left. Halstead has been a part of Sycamore's success since the first day Tharp got there (both of them came to Sycamore from Cheatham Co. following the 1997-1998 schoolyear). Finley inherited a program at Cheatham Co. that had gone 7-33 (no playoff trips) the four years before he took over and since then the football program in Cub Country has gone 30-16 (four straight playoff appearances) and the last two years the Cubs have lost to the eventual runner-up in both 2A & 3A in highly competitive playoff contests.

Tony Brunetti was hired at Cheatham Co. the same year that Tharp became the head coach and he was hired on the same staff that both Halstead and Finley were hired on. Maybe that speaks volumes about his ability to coach the game, then again maybe it is just coincidence and doesn't mean anything. Brunetti was hired as the defensive coordinator at Pearl-Cohn four years ago and after year one he was promoted to assistant head coach. Maybe that means he can coach, then again maybe it's just coincidence. Who Knows????????? One thing that is for sure is that Maurice Fitzgerald obviously believed that the guy is a pretty good football coach. If Fitz says he can coach then I say he can coach. Why?????? Maurice Fitzgerald's two state championships did more than "carry water" as far as whether he's a good coach or not. It was PROOF that he is a great football coach who will one day be a TSSAA Hall of Famer.

The combined record of your "Great Coaches" last season was 14-19.

Only one made the playoffs, one has never made the playoffs or had a winning record, one won only 1 game, and one has never coached a football game as a Head Coach.

But, you will argue..............my point is made. I need not nor will reply to your answer.

Guest catfish-hunter

The combined record of your "Great Coaches" last season was 14-19.

Only one made the playoffs, one has never made the playoffs or had a winning record, one won only 1 game, and one has never coached a football game as a Head Coach.

But, you will argue..............my point is made. I need not nor will reply to your answer.

Don't worry because there will be no need to respond to ignorance such as this you moron :thumb: