District 5AA

JustBeingNosy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Boyd will be on top. I hear they have like 8 seniors. However, Coach Weaver is back at Sweetwater and he does an excellent job so I don't think Boyd will walk away with the title that easily. I think the fight for third place will be between McMinn Central, Meigs and Polk. Both Central and Polk only lost one senior and return nearly all of their starters. Meigs has some great young talent and returns many starters. All three are pretty big rivals so it will be interesting how things shake up.

I know Tyner and Brainerd are also new to this district. What's the word on them?

Edited by LSUfan

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt Boyd will be on top. I hear they have like 8 seniors. However, Coach Weaver is back at Sweetwater and he does an excellent job so I don't think Boyd will walk away with the title that easily. I think the fight for third place will be between McMinn Central, Meigs and Polk. Both Central and Polk only lost one senior and return nearly all of their starters. Meigs has some great young talent and returns many starters. All three are pretty big rivals so it will be interesting how things shake up.

I know Tyner and Brainerd are also new to this district. What's the word on them?

I agree with you on Boyd. With 8 starting seniors and a junior that's been starting since 8th grade I feel they are the clear favorite. Sweetwater should be 2nd although Central should be able to give them a run. As for Brainerd and Tyner.......IF they show up to play then give your team a rest and send your JV on the field

What do you think about Polk and Meigs? Pretenders or contenders? Do you think they can beat Central for 3rd?

Yes, Meigs has a shot! They will be a young team with some good athletes. This should be the year that Coach Davis has been awaiting. It should be the start of turning around what has been very dismal seasons for Meigs.

Good luck Coach!

Go Lady Tigers!

Yes, Meigs has a shot! They will be a young team with some good athletes. This should be the year that Coach Davis has been awaiting. It should be the start of turning around what has been very dismal seasons for Meigs.

Good luck Coach!

Go Lady Tigers!

I think this year should be better than the past couple. But, next year should prove to be an even better showing as there are several freshmen upcoming in 07. Hopefully the future will be bright for Meigs.

Good luck Coach!

Go Lady Tigers!

I watched Meigs play Bledsoe tonight.....They have solid defense, they just lack power in there batting lineup.....They will compete for the 2nd spot in District 5AA...