West TN Jamboree

Svebakken

The teams I was most impressed with at the Jamboree were as follows:

(1) Milan- BIG draw vs. Sheffield

(2) Dyersburg- two good wins and a great game, that ended 1-1, vs. USJ; Amazing Free kick that Dyersburg scored on

(3) USJ- looks very strong, gonna be great to see the rematch between Dyersburg and USJ for the Region final

(4) Haywood- lots of young players did very well

(5) Madison- bounced back well after a bad showing at the USJ scrimmages last weekend

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did FRA and Sheffield look? I have not heard a lot on Milan... Were all teams at full strength?

FRA lost to Henry County and Madison 1-0, Sheffield looked nowhere as dominant as their past teams, in fact they looked incredibly unorganized and they just were all over the place...Milan is nothing special, Sheffield is just not that good

FRA lost to Henry County and Madison 1-0, Sheffield looked nowhere as dominant as their past teams, in fact they looked incredibly unorganized and they just were all over the place...Milan is nothing special, Sheffield is just not that good

Just for all of ya'lls information. FRA beat Henry County 1-0 (not lost), they won within the last 5 minutes with a corner goal. Then Madison came up strong and beat FRA 2-0. And the big Sheffield vs FRA was FRA up top 2-0 against them. Great soccer was played today though, just wanting to inform ya'll of the whole FRA situation.

Just for all of ya'lls information. FRA beat Henry County 1-0 (not lost), they won within the last 5 minutes with a corner goal. Then Madison came up strong and beat FRA 2-0. And the big Sheffield vs FRA was FRA up top 2-0 against them. Great soccer was played today though, just wanting to inform ya'll of the whole FRA situation.

Actually, that just brings more questions. Since you guys aren't from West Tenn. let me inform you... Henry County is a mediocre team at best, and you only beat them 1-0 with 5 minutes to go, Madison obviously had a good jamboree but I was suprised that they beat FRA 2-0, and Sheffield is just not very good this year, trying to put something together after losing 7 starters last year...So everyone still wants to know if FRA had all their players, because you guys seem to have a pretty big reputation as a good team...

Actually, that just brings more questions. Since you guys aren't from West Tenn. let me inform you... Henry County is a mediocre team at best, and you only beat them 1-0 with 5 minutes to go, Madison obviously had a good jamboree but I was suprised that they beat FRA 2-0, and Sheffield is just not very good this year, trying to put something together after losing 7 starters last year...So everyone still wants to know if FRA had all their players, because you guys seem to have a pretty big reputation as a good team...

Madison County was a fiarly big upset against FRA. Now, FRA we lost 11 seniors last year and are now trying to rebuild this year. Scheffield seemed like a good team, just did not play like one. I'm not saying that FRA had a good Jambiree, just clearing up any questions people might have had in the tournament. By the way, I heard Madison was only beating Henry County 1-0 at the end, so thats just as big of a deal as FRA vs Henry County. Anyways, any questions just reply.

Madison County was a fiarly big upset against FRA. Now, FRA we lost 11 seniors last year and are now trying to rebuild this year. Scheffield seemed like a good team, just did not play like one. I'm not saying that FRA had a good Jambiree, just clearing up any questions people might have had in the tournament. By the way, I heard Madison was only beating Henry County 1-0 at the end, so thats just as big of a deal as FRA vs Henry County. Anyways, any questions just reply.

Oh yes, let me not forget, you also asked if FRA had all of our players there? The answer is no. They were missing their starting keeper, who is said to be in-elligible until District finals, and then they were missing a mid-fielder that comes off the bench alot, anyways thats is clearing all of that up.

FRA did not look at these jamboree's as games to win also, they have a young team and wanted to get experience for some of there younger players. I know they had one eigth grader and at least 5 freshmen that got quite a bit of playing time. They played it like pre-season (Winning isnt important). Tournament time is what makes a team a good or bad team, not who they win or lose too in a pre-season jamboree. They played Sheffield a little more like a real game, but they didnt do it full strength, because they started off the 2nd half with one 8th grader and two freshmen on the field. and Sheffield was not a bad team at all, they have more pure soccer talent than any team there, when they find there rythm they will be very successful.

FRA did not look at these jamboree's as games to win also, they have a young team and wanted to get experience for some of there younger players. I know they had one eigth grader and at least 5 freshmen that got quite a bit of playing time. They played it like pre-season (Winning isnt important). Tournament time is what makes a team a good or bad team, not who they win or lose too in a pre-season jamboree. They played Sheffield a little more like a real game, but they didnt do it full strength, because they started off the 2nd half with one 8th grader and two freshmen on the field. and Sheffield was not a bad team at all, they have more pure soccer talent than any team there, when they find there rythm they will be very successful.

Just because they are all foreign doesn't mean they have more talent, i think USJ and Dyersburg have more talent and play better as a team...and thats hard for me to say since I'm from JCM

I agree with what you all are saying on Sheffield. They did look very unorganized, but talented. And I think as the season progresses, their coach will get them playing together as a team. Then, they will be tough to beat.

Madison definitely had a strong showing as most people have acknowledged. They are very physical. I heard in the final game, that Henry County's coach complained to the refs about Madison playing dirty. And after a hard tackle by a Madison player, the Henry County player got up and puched the guy. After the incident settled down, the Henry County coach told the ref that he didn't feel that his players were safe and that he was going home. If someone knows more on that they could share, that is just what I heard second hand.

One other game I was curious about, and that I never heard a result on, was the St.George's vs USJ game. I heard it was tied at half 0-0. Does anyone know how that turned out?

The game with Henry County was out of hand within the first 2 minutes, when their number 13 tried to body slam our midfielder #3. It was the same number 13 that was slide tackled by a defender in front of David Rhom, head of the west Tn. officials. It was a legal good slide tackle. The head of the officials said that it was a good tackle.The Henry county player #13 started hitting the Madison Defender in back of the head with his fist as the defender was laying face down. Would you not defend yourself? They were looking for an excuse to leave. The coach took his hotheads and went to the bus. Madison Players stayed on the field. Madison is physical and soccer is a contact sport. The Henry County coach was whinning when the game started about contact. Maybe they need to take up knitting and forget about soccer this year.

I agree with what you all are saying on Sheffield. They did look very unorganized, but talented. And I think as the season progresses, their coach will get them playing together as a team. Then, they will be tough to beat.

Madison definitely had a strong showing as most people have acknowledged. They are very physical. I heard in the final game, that Henry County's coach complained to the refs about Madison playing dirty. And after a hard tackle by a Madison player, the Henry County player got up and puched the guy. After the incident settled down, the Henry County coach told the ref that he didn't feel that his players were safe and that he was going home. If someone knows more on that they could share, that is just what I heard second hand.

One other game I was curious about, and that I never heard a result on, was the St.George's vs USJ game. I heard it was tied at half 0-0. Does anyone know how that turned out?

The game with Henry County was out of hand within the first 2 minutes, when their number 13 tried to body slam our midfielder #3. It was the same number 13 that was slide tackled by a defender in front of David Rhom, head of the west Tn. officials. It was a legal good slide tackle. The head of the officials said that it was a good tackle.The Henry county player #13 started hitting the Madison Defender in back of the head with his fist as the defender was laying face down. Would you not defend yourself? They were looking for an excuse to leave. The coach took his hotheads and went to the bus. Madison Players stayed on the field. Madison is physical and soccer is a contact sport. The Henry County coach was whinning when the game started about contact. Maybe they need to take up knitting and forget about soccer this year.

yeah I agree with you that soccer is a physical sport and Henry County does have some hotheads, are you guys still coming to Dyersburg for the scrimmage on Thursday?