Best Looking Gym.........

all_chap

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to go with Summertown. If you have never been there let me try to describe it. They have real oak bleachers on both sides and at one end. They have what i call the "Eagles nest", which is a press box high in the corner on the home side. It is considered 2 stories. The bottom floor is an office and up a very small flight of stairs is the "nest". With glass windows that slide open for a better view. This is also where the spot light comes from during the home team's 5 starters announcement. (All the lights in the gym go off and the spot light is shown). THis is also the time that cell phones and glowsticks are flashed. It really is a brilliant light show.

On the ceiling of the gym they have several oak arches that run from the home side to the visiting side.

THey have one of the smallest gyms in the state, but in my opinion it has the old school charm. And it is my pick for BEST LOOKING GYM!

Alcoa also has a ''Nest" that is considered the 3rd floor of the building. Not to mention they have batting cages behind one of the upstairs bleachers. The other is dedicated to wrestling. And to top it off the hanging 4 sided scoreboard something similar to one you would find at a hocky rink. I don't see how a spotlight makes the facility better. I think that is more of an atmosphere thing.

We have a decent gym and good practice equipment at BCHS...regardless of what others think.

But sure would be nice in the budget to have a major upgrade or better yet...a NEW one down the line?

Here's hoping. They've earned it..that's for sure!!! :thumb: If they haven't over the years...who has?

But I know...it takes that $$$.

Edited by firefulmer

I got to go with Siegels but if it werent for Cookvilles horrible set up with the student sections standing next to each other and the season ticket holder tickets in the middle on the other side where visitor student sections could be they would have the nicest i mean they have spiral stair cases in the gym

Yeah I completely forgot about Cookeville! They even have a nice upstairs gym! My bad Cooleville!! They even have a nice staircase where the concessions are and the stairs are carpet

Dang all these gyms sound awesome...too bad I have never been to them...from what I hear, Alcoa has the nicest and most expense, but our gym in Erwin isnt too bad. I think it is one of the nicest ones in our conference. No doubt that its not as big and bad as some other schools, but in our conference there arent too many that are big enough, well lit, or just nice in general (nice bathrooms are a big plus!!!)lol...

GOOD LUCK BLUE!!!

~*~*Go Devils!!*~*~